The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to install the Water Pump pulley (AEM)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

How to install the Water Pump pulley (AEM)

I have searched but did actually find a HOW TO on installing the pulley itself I got the pulley kit from AEM but dont think I am gonna use the alternator pulley because I have fairly powerful sound system and my G isnt a daily driver. But anyway if anyone has had any experience installing this and would mind given me a little write on how to do it. Thanks

aem makes a water pump pulley? anyways...why would u want your water pump to turn slower. thats just plain stupid. you might gain a hp, but that hp doesn't matter when ur car overheats.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

How will it turn slower the pulley elmiate the drag of the pulley system and it is more less for looks and like i said its not a daily driver so overheating wouldnt be a issue

aem pulleys are what? slightly overlarge than the oem.

bigger pulley means bigger circumference means, the pulley will turn slower than the factory one since the water pump pulley is being driven, not the one driving the other pulleys.

slower the water pump turns, the less water gets pumped, the water heats up quicker.

but yea, do waht u want cuz i still can't believe aem was stupid enough to make such a thing.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Back to the topic at hand DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS OR HOW TO'S ON THE INSTALL OF THE WATER PUMP PULLEY IN THE AEM PULLEY KIT FOR THE I4. Thanks

my car was out of work and it was that pulley that was out of wack and i spent a month without a car trying to get that middle bolt loose without turning the pulley. GOOD LUCK. i ended up just getting a new engine put in instead of getting the socalled tools from autozone and still not getting the old pulley off. get a air gun and either have someone start the car to break the bolt loose or something. but like i said i worked on it for a month and couldnt even get the old one off.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

I had my mechanic install it for me. He charged me $75 bucks which is high but saved me the headache. I don't recommend doing it. The only difference I noticed is that when it's 95 degrees outside and i'm in traffic, it gets hot. I would never let my wife drive it like that or anyone else who didn't understand how an UNDERDRIVE system works. It's not for your normal daily driver but I am stuborn and keep spending money on other stuff rather than just getting a damn turbo.
    '99 ES Fed Spec
    Apexi SAFC
    OBX "R" header
    2.5" header back exhaust
    Dynomax Resonator (replaced cat)
    Bullet style 4" muffler with removable baffle
    Injen CIA
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    NGK wires
    AEM Underdrive Pulleys (Alt, Water Pump)
    16" Alba rims

Interior:
    Leather seats (Aftermarket)
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Pioneer speakers