The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: were can i get a camber kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    i did a search and couldn't find an answer.

my question is were can i find a camber kit that will give a -2 or -3

thanks
    shane
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

TGC Regular

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

thank you, but it doesn't say anything about getting it to a -2 or -3 degrees of camber

thanks
    shane
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    did you read all the info that's on there?

generally, 5 washers per degree was the rule of thumb. But if i were you, i'd read it to make sure. yes, you HAVE to read...lol.
    -Pedro

yes i did read it :-D

how ever there talking about correcting camber i'm talking about goin negative camber, unless i'm missing something as i am tired

thanks
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Yes the tutorial is for going positive not negative, guess having one washer isn't enough then.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Yes the tutorial is for going positive not negative, guess having one washer isn't enough then.
    unfortently correct

shane
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

How about lowering the car to its lowest setting and NOT install a camber kit? It won't be -3 but its in there.

i would but i'm not on coilovers (which kinda sucks) i'm only on tein s-tech
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

TGC Regular
    Why do you want to go with a negative camber?.............. Just curious, cause most people dont enjoy buying new tires frequently.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

i'm going for the VIPstyle look, which i want to go with some nice dish rims and minimal fender work, which is why i want the negative camber, also i plan on going lower, as for the tire's it doesn't eat them up as much as you would think :)
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shaneb
    i'm going for the VIPstyle look, which i want to go with some nice dish rims and minimal fender work, which is why i want the negative camber, also i plan on going lower, as for the tire's it doesn't eat them up as much as you would think :)
    yes it does. i've gone through at least 8 full sets of tires in 95K miles (32 x 225/40zr18 = tire change every 10K-15K miles) on my car so i should know. i finally camber corrected and my current tires (225/35zr19) have lasted 25K miles since i put them on almost 2 years ago. when ur camber is that negative (-2, -3), your tires will look fine on the outside edge as if they were almost new, but the metal will start showing on the inside edge. almost all the VIP guys that tuck hard to rim are running adjustable height suspensions so they can raise up (which corrects camber automatically because of the suspension travel design) for daily driving and save their tires (and body kits).

here is my car cambered back in the day:

here is after correction:

i know from experience, to as my previouse ride i had a -2 camber and the tire's were fine, and yes i did check them. :)
    exactly how did you get the -2 camber?
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

I also just corrected my camber and i killed a set of tires in 30k miles with -2.25 camber sitting on tein s-shit springs
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

i guess they don't make a camber kit to get the negative camber i want then.

cool.

thank you

Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shaneb
    i know from experience, to as my previouse ride i had a -2 camber and the tire's were fine, and yes i did check them. :)
    exactly how did you get the -2 camber?
    what size tire were u running? big, wide, low series tires do not react well to negative camber and allready do not have high tread wear ratings. if you were running high tread wear 16" tires then those would of course last longer. u do realize that 18" tires cost way more and last way less right? 19's are even worse.

o yeah the -2 to -3 camber (never got the printout after alignment) was reached by cutting H&R coils 1 coil. the way our rear suspension works is the lower you go, the more negative camber as the wheels move in an arc on suspension travel so the deeper u drop the more correction u need.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'd be interested in one. I'm not trying to drop really but I think about -2 to -2.5 degrees camber will give me the turn in I need for autocross. I go through a couple sets of tires a year so the camber will actually make them last longer, I know that doesnt make sense to some of you, but its really simple when you think about it. When you go hard into a corner, the whole body rolls a couple of degrees placing the load on the outside edge of the tire and thus, wears it more quickly on the outside edge of the tire. Now if I put some negative camber on the tires when the body rolls through the corner, the load travels from the inside edge of the tire to a more centered configuration, causing a more equal wear on the tire.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I'd be interested in one. I'm not trying to drop really but I think about -2 to -2.5 degrees camber will give me the turn in I need for autocross. I go through a couple sets of tires a year so the camber will actually make them last longer, I know that doesnt make sense to some of you, but its really simple when you think about it. When you go hard into a corner, the whole body rolls a couple of degrees placing the load on the outside edge of the tire and thus, wears it more quickly on the outside edge of the tire. Now if I put some negative camber on the tires when the body rolls through the corner, the load travels from the inside edge of the tire to a more centered configuration, causing a more equal wear on the tire.
    i know race cars a regularly set up w/ some negative camber and that's fine for racing but for daily wear it would eat ur normal tires.

it's cool i see that they don't make the camber kit i need.
    i'll just basically just put the car back to factory with the exception of my tein's as i don't have the factory springs anymore :)

thanks everyone

peace

shane
    Much Respect.

Be Blessed.
    Shane

Experienced TGC Member

my car looks like that now i need to fix that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast