The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What tire brands do you stay away from

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride
    Wanli tires are made from recycled tires and they bubble to easily too like Kumho tires. Go with FALKEN ZEIX-512 they are the best all around tire I have experienced. The price is not to high either, its a good buy. For your camber isuues probably also check into Nitto Gen Tires.
    you cant recycle rubber....
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

Quote Originally Posted by FRCFD6
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride
    Wanli tires are made from recycled tires and they bubble to easily too like Kumho tires. Go with FALKEN ZEIX-512 they are the best all around tire I have experienced. The price is not to high either, its a good buy. For your camber isuues probably also check into Nitto Gen Tires.
    you cant recycle rubber....
    Since when?

http://www.recycle.net/recycle/assn/narra/

http://www.tireindustry.org/ <----Recommended site.

What do you think a retreaded truck tire is?

Though you will NEVER get a recycled retread on a passenger vehicle.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Here are the tires I have had from 1st hand experience. (Hope it helps)

Falkens-Decently priced and remarkably good tire. NEVER had a issue with them and they did their job well.

Michelin Pilot Sports The best tire I have ever owned. Quiet, ride was great, wet traction was top notch, and dry traction was even better. The only problem with them...they are $$$$$$$$

Nankang- Cheap affordable tire! They do the job and have pretty decent traction. The only gripe I have with them is they produce a little too much road noise

Toyo Proxies- I didn't have any choice since they came with the Racing Hart C2's. Not a big fan of them really. Traction is decent and wet traction is pretty good but for the price they go for...there are betters tires for less

I would like to install some Falkens again or Yokohamas...but if I was on a budget I would get Nankangs. I would buy Michelins again..but I don't see my self being able to dish out $$$$ again and killing the tires on a road course or daily driving unless I had $$$$ to burn easily or a extra set of wheels.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    sumitomo is the parent company of falken. i have the ziex 512 on the galant right now. for all season tires they're decent. i would get them again if i wasn't going for performance tires.

i absolutely hate the kumho 711s. they were on my miata when i 1st bought that car. on wet surfaces the car spins out way too easily and on canyon runs i would be too scared to even push the throttle. from my experiences the traction is absolutely horrible regardless or wet or dry.
    Your signature is too long.

I have wanly's on my wifes car they came with the rims i bought her and they are loud ass hell, they grip pretty good on wet and dry roads but damn they make noice.

I have was wondering whats the best tire size for the 7g. I just bought some sacchi 18x7.5 rims and i am looking for tires and was wondering what the best tire size, these rims will go on my daily driver.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have wanly's on my wifes car they came with the rims i bought her and they are loud ass hell, they grip pretty good on wet and dry roads but damn they make noice. Â*

I have was wondering whats the best tire size for the 7g. I just bought some sacchi 18x7.5 rims and i am looking for tires and was wondering what the best tire size, these rims will go on my daily driver.</div>

215/35-18 is the recommended tire size for 18s on a 7G.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have wanly's on my wifes car they came with the rims i bought her and they are loud ass hell, they grip pretty good on wet and dry roads but damn they make noice. Â*

I have was wondering whats the best tire size for the 7g. I just bought some sacchi 18x7.5 rims and i am looking for tires and was wondering what the best tire size, these rims will go on my daily driver.</div>

215/35-18 is the recommended tire size for 18s on a 7G.</div>
    i have 225/40/18 on my 7g and it doesn't rub. the ride is actually very very nice. but i'm not riding on a worn out stock suspension either.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

The khumos are rated AA in almost everything but I was surprised at how quickly they broke traction. It is really easy to slip when accelerating from a stop, especially when the road is wet. Then again I just recently realized that I have camber issues on one of my front tires. Don’t get me wrong they are a decent tire especially for the price. I don’t know if it is possible but maybe I just got a bad set.
    * KYB GR-2 shocks and struts $210
    * Progress Technology lowering springs $157
    * Lowering your own car for the first time, priceless.

i got some P-Zero nero 225/40 19
    and i love them... sickest tires out!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nankang- Cheap affordable tire! They do the job and have pretty decent traction. The only gripe I have with them is they produce a little too much road noise
    </div>
    a little road nosie is and under statement. Man those things sond like an off road tire.

Proto
    I just paid $240 for 4 205/50/16 Fuzion HRi tires. They are rather quiet, stick good as hell on wet roads, and hardly break traction. Bridgestone makes these. These are 110% better compared to my kumho 711's. Also I bought mine from tirerack.com. Great customer support, quick shipping, and low prices.

in my experience, I still havent had any local place that could match or beat Discount Tires outstanding customer service or prices.

I ve owned the 712 and 711's which are both great tires. Not much experience with any other low pro tire.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Good Year Fierce HP

Good traction but alittle noisy.

I put BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDs (225 40 18) on my 8G. best tires i have ever used. One problem- &#036;260/Tire. &#036;1040-4 tires.
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

i just got the Yokohama YK520 and i am very pleased with their quietness. A little slippery but it is the first day. they look nice too but rub my inner fender. anyone have them?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Avon tech Ra's= best tire I've ever had.

Cons: Wet traction, forget about it, driving 'em daily forget about it, price rediculous.

Pros: Grip every tire mentioned so far pails in comparison to these.

In all seriousness though, Kumho makes a pretty good tire, I know a few running the Ecsta MX's. As to previous comments about Hankook, I have nothing but praise for my set of Ventus RS-2's. Great traction and there wearing alot better than I was expecting them to. They still have half their tread after having them on since the beginning of summer, but I was expecting to be autocrossing them every other week.

Pirelli PZero Nero's are great for an all season, dead and unresponsive when switching from very high performance summer tires and r-comps, but that is to be expected.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Federal Tires.....BAH
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Kuhmo's.

i hope they burn in hell.

im riding on toyo t1's, and im pretty happy with them so far. i'll probably give the BF's a try next time around and i hear good thing about Falken's all the time too.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member
    that new line of hp tires from good years firece
    I have them and they vibrate and makes noises when you go 80-90

next year new tires....

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Before you condemn Kumho to hell I think you should test out some V710's or MX's. Not a long wear tire but a sticky tire.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast