The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turboing an automatic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    its all about timing control.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

im at 15psi now on the 18g i still have the auto tranny with a pretty big cooler installed 17,500gw something lol... fluid looks good and the car shifts fine.

with the 18g i get full boost by 2800rpms now consider that the turbo and manifold are ported, it still uses the same turbine wheel as the 14b and 16g just with a bigger compressor wheel.

using the emanage makes a huge difference form using the safc2, having control over timing makes tuning alot safer.

in the next couple of weeks the low compression headgasket im having made will be done along with the shot peened rods and cryotreated pistons i wanna see what i can do with stock parts before i finish off the other motor im building
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

that could also be my problem...i dont have a tranny cooler......geez...i gotta spend more money now

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by galant03-4g64t
    that could also be my problem...i dont have a tranny cooler......geez...i gotta spend more money now
    That's pretty much a mandatory upgrade when going F.I. with these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearstone
    so the real question is.....how much can you get me one for???? and can you ship it when you get my torque convertor.....

also, i talked to bobbi yesterday, and i may end up bringin my car to you guys to get my emanage and injectors put in

so the real question is.....how much can you get me one for???? and can you ship it when you get my torque convertor.....

also, i talked to bobbi yesterday, and i may end up bringin my car to you guys to get my emanage and injectors put in
    so u rebuilt ur tranny , blew up and now what are u doing?

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyGalant

so u rebuilt ur tranny , blew up and now what are u doing?

when i had nitrous on my car..... my 3rd gear gave out while i was racing, and in the heat of the moment, i didnt think to take my foot off of the gas to let it shift......blew my motor and my tranny..... got NEW motor and NEW tranny and took the nos off..... blew my motor again bcuz it was improperly tuned with my turbo setup.....ran too lean and melted 2 pistons..... again, rebuilt block and got new head.....so now my tranny is still abused.....and with all my new toys goin in soon, im gonna see just how much boost i can run on the stk tranny....if i blow it up, i was thinkin of sending one to sheppards to see what he can do if he would do it....if not, 5spd here i come

Thats an expensive lesson in Tuning 101 man. Its not going to hold on 20 pounds like I said before, so you might as well start calling whoever you know that can do tranny work. I would just plan on a 5 spd swap now if you want to run that much boost constantly. Save your money from the tranny cooler and put it towards the 5 speed.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

ive got the money for the 5spd swap.... just testin the auto for the others to c how much boost it will handle

i admire ur bravery then. lemme know what happens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12