The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g Duel Piston front calipers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 76
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    So the diamantes directly bolt up? Front and rear? :?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well the fronts do. The Diamante caliper bracket bolts to the Glanat knuckle and the caliper fits fine over the Galant rotor. Whethter or not we need a larger caliper or not, I am not sure on that yet. I didnt try the rear calipers. You really dont need duel pistons in the back unless you have 4 pistons up front or something.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Well the fronts do. The Diamante caliper bracket bolts to the Glanat knuckle and the caliper fits fine over the Galant rotor. Whethter or not we need a larger caliper or not, I am not sure on that yet. I didnt try the rear calipers. You really dont need duel pistons in the back unless you have 4 pistons up front or something.
    i'm confused with this post seth? do you need to edit it to make more sense?

the diamante rear calipers are no different, other then the 3kgt/diamate rear rotors are vented.
    although good luck finding a 4 lug rotor for a galant thats vented. would ahve to be custom, so not really worth it.

the rear calipers on my dad's 2001 iamante are cast aluminum and soooo very light.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well the front diamante calipers fit. The Diamante caliper bracket bolts to the Galant knuckle and the caliper fits fine over the Galant rotor. Whether or not we need a larger rotor or not, I am not sure on that yet. I didnt try the rear calipers. You really dont need duel pistons in the back unless you have 4 pistons up front or something.
    There, better?
    7g for life!

Well the front diamante calipers fit. The Diamante caliper bracket bolts to the Galant knuckle and the caliper fits fine over the Galant rotor. Whether or not we need a larger rotor or not, I am not sure on that yet. I didnt try the rear calipers. You really dont need duel pistons in the back unless you have 4 pistons up front or something.
    There, better?
    so tell me this
    do you need a different pad? i'm sure you would, but i was just wondering if the 7g pad would fit or function in the diamante caliper
    that would rock
    cause then i'd be set
    i JUST installed new front rotors and pads.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Not sure on that, the Diamante calipers are longer compared to the 7g calipers.
    7g for life!

ILL InFeCteD
    Wow.

I might have to get some myself.

They do bolt up, both caliper and bracket but I need to snag a set of pads to make sure the pad is going to cover the entire rotor. I was talking to a fellow 2ger who has done some research on the swap and they upgrade to the Diamante rotor which is 1" larger in diamater. With the Galant being 4 lug, I dont think we have any larger rotors at our disposal.

But I know craig was running GSX calipers, but I am not sure what the difference between GSX and Diamante/3kGT calipers are. I am going to try to snag a set of GSX calipers off eBay since they never have had a 2g GSX in my junkyard haha.
    7g for life!

Proto
    8G VR4 dual piston calipers will fit perfect. 85% sure on that. Not tested but Mante and I compared the brake system and looked damn close. The suspension is all the same I know that for sure.

We have 2 97 style Diamantes in the yard i go to.

The calipers I got were off a 92-96 style, not sure on the differences between 97+. If you have some 97+ try to get the throttlebody and see if it will bolt up to a 7g. They are like 70mm+ lol
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    To clear things up on compatible front 2 pots that are the same as the 2g gsx..........Any '93+ DSM AWD, '91+ non-turbo Dodge Stealth / Mitsu 3000GT, or '92-'96 Mitsu Diamante and you also need the mounting brackets (they are larger than stock single pots).
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Cool. So pretty much any 2 piston Mitsubishi Caliper is the same? Except for the Evo Brembos.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Cool. So pretty much any 2 piston Mitsubishi Caliper is the same? Except for the Evo Brembos.
    Don't know if they are all the same but know the ones I mentioned are the same.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Proto
    well since my 5 lug conversion i bought GSX slotted/drilled rotors (larger front than normal eclipse rotors). the rear caliper fits fine on the rotor. the stock front caliper wont fit over the larger rotor due to the caliper bracket not being big enough. so last night i ordered my 3kgt dual piston calipers/caliper brackets/lines/pads for my front. we'll see how it all works out :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Yall think THESE!! will work on a 7g or 8g with out a lot of modding?

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Experienced TGC Member
    OK....... I think we are going somewhere with this.... So basically the 92-96 Diamante calipers are a direct bolt on to the 7G??? Do i need to change the rotors or just the pads??? I know a guy that has a junk Diamante like 35 miles from here so if its pretty much a direct bolt on with little or no modification im gonna call my brother and get the number to call the guy.. Also ill see whats up with the Throttle body but this is in the future... Gotta save up all my money and get my car ready for the Myrtle Beach meet

i remember back in the day a eclipse with the 3000gt vr4 brakes... that woulde be an awesome set up d00d
    Diego

Diamante calipers bolt up just fine. Whether you can use them with stock rotors or not, I am not sure. Both GSX and Diamante 5 lug rotors are 1" bigger in diameter then ours.
    7g for life!

Proto
    my big brake install is complete. 3000GT dual piston calipers, ceramic pads all 4 corners, all 4 corner SS lines, and GSX slotted/drilled rotors (larger front).

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>my big brake install is complete. 3000GT dual piston calipers, ceramic pads all 4 corners, all 4 corner SS lines, and GSX slotted/drilled rotors (larger front).</div>

PICS??????????

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast