ok heres some quickies i snapped

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    looks good :thumbsup:

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    looks good R.
    -Pedro

Proto
    thanks for comments.

its raining today so i locked up on the brakes at 50mph.. stopped very quickly. i say this upgrade was worth the money.

Proto
    ok heres for the question if you can use stock rotors or not. You can NOT. The pad overseats the entire rotor too much causing it not engage against the rotor properly. The only proper way to doing a BBK on a 7G is going 5 lug or having custom rotors made for 4 lug.

3KGT VR4 Brakes will NOT fit, you need SL ones or 92-96 Diamante or 95-99 GSX. They are 4 piston, you need 2 piston. I barely have any clearance between my OZ rim and the 2 piston caliper.

Predat-R this post is mainly for you.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Dont delete my posts fool! Sabzi has Craigs old car, craigs old car *had* GSX calipers and 4lug rotors. I will update when I talk to Sabzi.
    7g for life!

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dont delete my posts fool! Â*Sabzi has Craigs old car, craigs old car *had* GSX calipers and 4lug rotors. Â*I will update when I talk to Sabzi.</div>

whats the point when the rotor is too small and the entire pad isnt touching the surface?

so basically even with a larger brembo rotors this set up wont work?
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Predat-R)</div><div class='quotemain'>so basically even with a larger brembo rotors this set up wont work?</div>

i doubt the rotors are larger. they are designed for the 7g so inturn they would be the same size as stock.

so, im back to having to decide weather or not i go 5 lug.. :-

so there is no way to upgrade the front brakes on a four lug, other than better pads and rotors..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I could have swore Craig had GSX calipers on his old 7g that Sabzi has now. Let me ask Sabzi tonight if they are still on his car.
    7g for life!

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>so, im back to having to decide weather or not i go 5 lug.. :- Â*

so there is no way to upgrade the front brakes on a four lug, other than better pads and rotors.. </div>

as i explaned the pred. the pads will wear unevenly and the top portion will run against the top of the rotor making it uneffective. then you have to worry if it will press evenly against the rotor. im sorry but i wouldnt run the chance. my life > unproper brakes.

Experienced TGC Member
    just a thought but couldn't rim shops that redrill rims to fit cars with different bolt patterns just redrill some 2g gsx rotors to fit our cars?
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    word right, didnt even think of that.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sleepervr-4)</div><div class='quotemain'>just a thought but couldn't rim shops that redrill rims to fit cars with different bolt patterns just redrill some 2g gsx rotors to fit our cars?</div>

ok, now lets take into thought, if we were to do that, will they fit under my stock 7g rims? 15" and i may be going back to 14" b/c i have some extra tires that need to be used.. and i can use them to save my good ones i got from john..

yea seth please talk to sabzi.. i want to know if they fit..

proto, your right, if the whole pad service isnt on the rotor then im not going to risk it either.. but i cant pass up the rumors of being able to stay 4 lug..

if i cant stay 4 lug then im going to sell my 4 lug rear disc and start looking for 5 lug, again..

honestly i wouldn't worry too much about it. if its going to cost you to go 5 lug, plus new wheels, rotors, adn pads all around, and even brake lines...
    why not just stay 4 lug.
    i've never had one instance where i felt i needed more brake power.
    not once.
    4 wheel crossed and slotted with stainless lines, axxis ultimate pads, ABS, and dot 5.1 brake fluid.
    i've never needed more power.
    if i did upgrade to the dual piston front, it would be for autocross... and at that, i still think my factory setup would hang just fine.

if i do upgrade, i'll just get some 5 lug rotors redrilled, or order some custom rotors... it will be cheaper than all that mess.

if i go five lug, its because i'll be putting evo8 brakes on the GS.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i go five lug, its because i'll be putting evo8 brakes on the GS.</div>

heh.. so when is that going to happen?

well i just wanted to upgrade while i was going to brakes to the car..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i go five lug, its because i'll be putting evo8 brakes on the GS.</div>

well i just wanted to upgrade while i was going to brakes to the car..</div>
    not any time soon,
    cause i woudl eed the money for the evo brakes, the 5 lug, wheels, and from what i read, an outlander or 8gvr4 front knuckle.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i go five lug, its because i'll be putting evo8 brakes on the GS.</div>

well i just wanted to upgrade while i was going to brakes to the car..</div>
    not any time soon,
    cause i woudl eed the money for the evo brakes, the 5 lug, wheels, and from what i read, an outlander or 8gvr4 front knuckle.</div>

Now that is alot of work. I'd rather just have a rim shop redrill some gsx rotors and call it a day.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well someone try it and get back to me cuz i can get those calipers from my job, semi or loaded.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast