The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance Mods for the Cheap Bastard - Bang for Buck!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ok do this:

First disconnect your battery for ~15 minutes as your ECU is probably retarded right now. Plug the MAS and battery back in and take it for a drive. Drive hard for a few 15 minutes so the ECU learns your driving style. Go to the track, make a pass. Disconnect the MAS, make another pass. Compare numbers. Better yet do the same scenario, but on a dyno
    7g for life!

haha... lol i juz saw ur sig... my bad...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

... still dunt think you'll beat him tho
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    16.5 @ 82.8
    is that 1/4 mile?? cuz thats good, aint it?
    seth has 14.3... no way u have 16.5 stock auto 1/4 miler

i wanna see the slip
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    As for his time, I have his slip. I posted it in the "Fastest Galant thread" but if it doesnt work I will have to re-upload it. BUT he is not completely stock, he dose have intake and exhaust. And a stock auto 7g can run a low 17s run no problem. With a bit of weight reduction, 1/8th tank of gas, a few mods, 16s is totally obtainable with a good driver.

And it just doesnt make sense. You are stock, so being "richer" is not going to benifit you, you will actually lose power if you are too rich. If the MAS is unplugged, the ECU will not be able to know how much air is going into the engine, therefore it will not be able to calculate the correct fuel load. So when the MAS is disconnected it will jump to a default fuel map or limp mode(I believe) and just guess how much fuel should be added which is not efficient at all.

And racing a truck twice is not going to determine anything. Truck could have had a bad launch, ect. Best thing to do is take it to the dyno and do the test mentioned above and you will see the difference
    7g for life!

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    You guys aren't the only people confused. When i took my maf off my car barely managed to stay running and when i hit the gas my rpms would only go up to ~2k rpms before the rpms were just all over the place. Makes your car sound like it's about to die because it's struggling so hard.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

unplugging the mas also causes the ecu to retard the timing big time.
    and all the timing maps that the ecu would normally use to increase power at certain output levels go out the window.

Your engine is probably knocking at high rpms, and your rod bearings are probably suffering from your malice

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i highly reccomend the 5spd swap. better gas mileage, much faster acceleration, also its 10000x funner to drive. i actually don't miss my turbo being gone so much because i still have the 5spd...mmmm.....i want to go drive it right now just thinking about it. when i race n/a auto 7Gs the difference is quite exceptional
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

See, I'd absolutely love to go 5spd, but I live in the city!! 5spd is fun when you have some room to drive, but when you spend 3/4 your day sitting in traffic, it's a different story. Roman (Goosey) did his swap and he says it's fun as hell, but when you're in traffic, it makes you want to park the car on the shoulder and walk the rest of the way. Where I work, and where I hang out are in certain places that only have certain routes, and those routes are ALWAYS dead stopped traffic. That's the only thing shying me away from 5spd, otherwise I'd do it.

I unplugged my MAS once and drove around the block, out of sheer curiosity. I honestly felt no difference, nor did my engine run any different. The only difference was I got that 'CAI' vacuum sound. It's a bad thing to do because if something flys into your intake, like water or a pebble or a lot of dust or something, well, let's just put it this way. When you call the furneral home and ask for a service for a 4g64, don't be upset when they hang up on you.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by NiTrOuSoXiDe
    I unplugged my MAS once and drove around the block, out of sheer curiosity. I honestly felt no difference, nor did my engine run any different. The only difference was I got that 'CAI' vacuum sound. It's a bad thing to do because if something flys into your intake, like water or a pebble or a lot of dust or something, well, let's just put it this way. When you call the furneral home and ask for a service for a 4g64, don't be upset when they hang up on you.
    you still had a filter on though right? how could a fly get into your intake?

and people need to stop unplugging their MAS.....christ

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>I unplugged my MAS once and drove around the block, out of sheer curiosity. Â*I honestly felt no difference, nor did my engine run any different. Â*The only difference was I got that 'CAI' vacuum sound. Â*It's a bad thing to do because if something flys into your intake, like water or a pebble or a lot of dust or something, well, let's just put it this way. Â*When you call the furneral home and ask for a service for a 4g64, don't be upset when they hang up on you. </div>

you still had a filter on though right? how could a fly get into your intake?

and people need to stop unplugging their MAS.....christ </div>

mathew dont be jeolous cuz i get power out of it when i do
    From 7g to this...

Shot with DSC-T33 at 2007-07-21
    13.1@109 02 WS6

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Reptile...your 7g is what my g/f would refer as "Special". 8)

You have to get some video of your car running with the MAS unplugged...you have got me curious. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>See, I'd absolutely love to go 5spd, but I live in the city!! Â*5spd is fun when you have some room to drive, but when you spend 3/4 your day sitting in traffic, it's a different story. Â*Roman (Goosey) did his swap and he says it's fun as hell, but when you're in traffic, it makes you want to park the car on the shoulder and walk the rest of the way. Â*Where I work, and where I hang out are in certain places that only have certain routes, and those routes are ALWAYS dead stopped traffic. Â*That's the only thing shying me away from 5spd, otherwise I'd do it.

I unplugged my MAS once and drove around the block, out of sheer curiosity. Â*I honestly felt no difference, nor did my engine run any different. Â*The only difference was I got that 'CAI' vacuum sound. Â*It's a bad thing to do because if something flys into your intake, like water or a pebble or a lot of dust or something, well, let's just put it this way. Â*When you call the furneral home and ask for a service for a 4g64, don't be upset when they hang up on you. </div>

Umm, did you unplug your MAS cable or did you take off your whole intake piping?

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El Chote)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>See, I'd absolutely love to go 5spd, but I live in the city!! Â*5spd is fun when you have some room to drive, but when you spend 3/4 your day sitting in traffic, it's a different story. Â*Roman (Goosey) did his swap and he says it's fun as hell, but when you're in traffic, it makes you want to park the car on the shoulder and walk the rest of the way. Â*Where I work, and where I hang out are in certain places that only have certain routes, and those routes are ALWAYS dead stopped traffic. Â*That's the only thing shying me away from 5spd, otherwise I'd do it.

I unplugged my MAS once and drove around the block, out of sheer curiosity. Â*I honestly felt no difference, nor did my engine run any different. Â*The only difference was I got that 'CAI' vacuum sound. Â*It's a bad thing to do because if something flys into your intake, like water or a pebble or a lot of dust or something, well, let's just put it this way. Â*When you call the furneral home and ask for a service for a 4g64, don't be upset when they hang up on you. </div>

Umm, did you unplug your MAS cable or did you take off your whole intake piping?</div>

i could see a BIT of power gain if he took off the whole intake...but have fun with sand bits in ur cylinders...also unplugging the MAS does absolutely nothing and i dont believe him until i see dyno sheets...sorry man it just sounds like too much bullshit...

M&amp;T Designs
    I ran my 7g with out the MAS for a little while becuase mine was already messed up. It ran really rich, and did have a good amount of low end, but the highend was horrible. It had a very eratic idle also.

I really don't reccomend running without the MAS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Reptile...your 7g is what my g/f would refer as "Special". 8) Â*

You have to get some video of your car running with the MAS unplugged...you have got me curious. 8)</div>

lmao it is special, and yeah ill get some clips of it, all yall are just jeolous and 7g playa haters who dont believe.. especially mathew cuz he loves 8gs beating 7gs even if they cheat
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

i'm all for 7G ownage...everyone knows they're faster than their 8g counterpart

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm all for 7G ownage...everyone knows they're faster than their 8g counterpart</div>

lol bs.. u loved it when dustin beat me that one time
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

wtf man, why no just bolt a carburator to your head and be done with it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

my advice, get cheap intake from ebay. then if u can LEARN TO WELD. sounds a little extreme but i made an entire exhaust from turbo back out of stainless piping (2.5") for about 100 bucks. thats including a high flow cat. i now weld exhaust and make custom shit for friends to make money. oh and my friend made a PVC intake for his jeep and worked out great, so live it up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast