The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i got 200,000miles on my stock 99 galant v4 how long for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    200,000 miles and still runny healthy...good indication that motor was well taken care of. The motor will run as long as you take care of it...I have seen much more miles and the motors are still runing like champs.

I met my friends Dad about a year ago and he had a 88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max. Had a good ol' 4G64 under its hood. You can tell this truck has been used for what its meant for...the truck bed showed it very clearly. He had at the time 362,000 miles on the ODO and it was the original motor NEVER rebuilt, just the normal maintanance and repairs like every other motor in the world. That motor would start up like it was brand new and ran quite and just as good as most new motors I have come across.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Re: i got 200,000miles on my stock 99 galant v4 how long for

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    Then talk to Big Money Dave. He has well over 200,000 miles on his G.
    Well actually it's BIGMONEYDAY, AND yes I have about 278K on my '99 ES V6. She seems to be running ok especially since I do alot of preventive maintainence, but I hope she at least last till 300K.
    BIG MONEY DAVE <<--- LOL!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Experienced TGC Member

Re: i got 200,000miles on my stock 99 galant v4 how long for

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    Then talk to Big Money Dave. He has well over 200,000 miles on his G.
    Well actually it's BIGMONEYDAY, AND yes I have about 278K on my '99 ES V6. She seems to be running ok especially since I do alot of preventive maintainence, but I hope she at least last till 300K.
    BIG MONEY DAVE <<--- LOL!
    okay okay, I messed up his name....My bad lol

Have you had it serviced or compression tested. It sounds like you may have a good engine on your hands. I'd have it thoroughly checked before you worry or spend money on something that you dont really need.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

as for galantboy...its kind of hard to tell how long it will last...it all depends on how you've treated it..im sure if uve made it to 200k uve done routine oil changes and tune-ups...all i can say is keep doing what ur doing and the engine will keep on runnin...</div>

i dont think galant_got_speed will ever make 200,000 miles lol

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

as for galantboy...its kind of hard to tell how long it will last...it all depends on how you've treated it..im sure if uve made it to 200k uve done routine oil changes and tune-ups...all i can say is keep doing what ur doing and the engine will keep on runnin...</div>

i dont think galant_got_speed will ever make 200,000 miles lol</div>

and why is that chromey?

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

What do i have to do with any of this? people were giving him asshat remarks when he asked a legit question...i had every right to say what i did.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

and why is that chromey?</div>

read your own post

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

and why is that chromey?</div>

read your own post</div>

i am very well aware of my own post...i dont believe that is what he was referring to. i want the answer from him.

He is either saying you will sell or trade the car in before 200,000 miles, or he thinks you race too much, and it will not make it to 200,000.

Eitherway, he is just playing around with you. I personally don't have a problem with you at all, and when I read some of the posts you get aggitated with, they seem like harmless fun to me. IDK. You need to chillax bro, we're all homies here.

Just my .02

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow guys...the guy asked a simple question and you turn it into some friggen n00bfest...answer the guys question and stop being a dumbass...

Yeah that are making it into something stupid.. obviously , he needs some help just give him the respect.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

womp womp womp :cry:
    shogun8g: I feel gay

galantboy88
    well thanks everybody i think iam going to try a get a new engin dont know which 1 yet but thats my goal for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12