The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: a possible project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    why are the valves out?
    were they bent?

if thats the case you'll need new guides cause they almost always crack when you bend a valve.

while we're on the topic, other than the cams, what valvetrain are you planning to run?
    stock springs, guides, retainers, valves?
    or are you bringing something big to the table?

cant wait to see the finished product man.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>why are the valves out?
    were they bent?

if thats the case you'll need new guides cause they almost always crack when you bend a valve.

while we're on the topic, other than the cams, what valvetrain are you planning to run?

cant wait to see the finished product man.</div>

bent? they look if they were broke off. the head suppose to be off a 'good' motor but nevertheless, it's still needs to clean, pressure test, and have those guides and valves replace.

valvetrain just stock for now...i don't mind getting my hands on an intake cam from the JDM '89 Galant AMG. that cam have something like a 260 duration and 10mm lift. or probably the intake cam from the GVR4.

maybe a custom Coil-on-plug ignition with a MSD DIS-4, 390cc injectors, and probably chipped the stock ecu with either the rare-and-hard-to-get 4G63 AMG, 2G auto turbo, or custom fuel and timing maps.

bringing anything bigger to the table? well, not now...suppose to move to NC in the august, and my old block is in some junkyard right now. i was planning to sell the TB, IM, coilpack, and any other usable items to fund this project and as well prep the shortblock if it was repairable. i guess i'll use my refund check next year to purchase a GS shortblock.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

what part of NC are you moving to?
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>what part of NC are you moving to?</div>

Charlotte/Concord
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mysticj)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>why are the valves out?
    were they bent?

cant wait to see the finished product man.</div>

bent? they look if they were broke off. the head suppose to be off a 'good' motor but nevertheless, it's still needs to clean, pressure test, and have those guides and valves replace.

valvetrain just stock for now...i don't mind getting my hands on an intake cam from the JDM '89 Galant AMG. that cam have something like a 260 duration and 10mm lift. or probably the intake cam from the GVR4.

maybe a custom Coil-on-plug ignition with a MSD DIS-4, 390cc injectors, and probably chipped the stock ecu with either the rare-and-hard-to-get 4G63 AMG, 2G auto turbo, or custom fuel and timing maps.

bringing anything bigger to the table? well, not now...suppose to move to NC in the august, and my old block is in some junkyard right now. i was planning to sell the TB, IM, coilpack, and any other usable items to fund this project and as well prep the shortblock if it was repairable. i guess i'll use my refund check next year to purchase a GS shortblock.</div>
    just get a 2g eprom and run dsmlink. you'll be able to adjust fuel, have complete control over timing, and tune for knock. doesn't really get any better than that. don't forget launch control, adjstable rev limiters, hacked mas compenstation, adjustable deadtime and pulsewidth to make even massive injectors run like stock.
    if you don't want to or can't shell out for that, don't waste your time looking for some overpriced fabled ecu... just get jeff olberhertzer to burn you a customized chip for your eprom. he's the owner of dsmchips.com. he burned my eprom, and i love it

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i was thinking about the 2G eprom but for the bigger project i have plan for next year. the fabled ecu, the one from the rare jdm galant amg, is more for bragging rights.

btw, the 4G67 cam gears are like the one from the GS with the half tooth notch for aligning timing.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Update!

The car should be up and running within the next two to three weeks, and after some number play it would seem like the compression ratio is going to be around 10.6! But I won't know for sure until I get a compression test. See ya.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

what pistons did u use? i want i high compresion ratio as well.. esp since im not going turbo..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mysticj)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was thinking about the 2G eprom but for the bigger project i have plan for next year. Â*the fabled ecu, the one from the rare jdm galant amg, is more for bragging rights. Â*

btw, the 4G67 cam gears are like the one from the GS with the half tooth notch for aligning timing.</div>
    just so you know, if you use a 1g ecu, yoru speedo won't work. i know this from experience, and so did Sabzi.

great to see yoru motor is almost there.

one more point to getting a 2g eprom, is that if you decided to run a cyclone manifold, you can have jeff. O. burn the chip so that it uses one of yoru solenoid drivers to properly operate the cyclone actuator, by using your existing wiring.
    since the cyclone manifold blocks off the egr... you would use yoru egr solenoid to control the pressure going to the butterfly actuator on the manifold.
    thats how mine is setup. opens the secondaries at 4100 rpms.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    And with a 2g ECU, your tach will not work. Sabzi will tell you that as well lol.

Only way I could figure is the tach signal is different on a 2g ECU. Even with a tach adaptor I dont think its possible. Might be able to work with a 94 GS cluster. But I think I am just going to build a custom cluster with aftermarket gauges.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>And with a 2g ECU, your tach will not work. Â*Sabzi will tell you that as well lol.

Only way I could figure is the tach signal is different on a 2g ECU. Â*Even with a tach adaptor I dont think its possible. Â*Might be able to work with a 94 GS cluster. Â*But I think I am just going to build a custom cluster with aftermarket gauges.</div>
    when you drive throough for the gap.... you can try my cluster.
    maybe it will work for you.

i think the signals are inverted. between our ecu's.

my speedo is inverted, and your tach.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>what pistons did u use? Â*i want i high compresion ratio as well.. esp since im not going turbo..</div>

the stock GS pistons. it's the cylinder head, it is 4cc smaller than the 2G head. I was expecting an increase of .4CR instead of .6CR.

So with the 1G ecu, my speedo won't work and with the 2G my tach won't work! Weird!

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Well, it look like I have to wait another two to three weeks for the GS to be finish. Apparently, my mechanic was in the hospital for awhile. So until then, continue the distributor/dohc searching

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12