The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake***update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

intake***update

k i am about to buy an AEM 06 CAI from an eclipse.... v6 of coursei was gonna if it didnt fit i was just gonna cut it no big deal... but was looking in the hood and couldnt find a place to put the actual filter once i get it....I "think" their is room under the left headlight??? can anybody confirm thisi guess to the right of the anti freeze resevoir... i couldnt tell since it was dark... let me know ty....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member
    why is this in the 9G forum??

its for a 9g...

Experienced TGC Member
    lol oohhhh my bad, saw ur sig and thought it was for a 7G. so u got a 9G also?

i know they dont make a intake for our car soo i took the snorkel off the intake box. it sounds alot better, and it feels like theres more low end pick up.

they've been doing this on 5.5 gen maximas for a while, and ive been driving around for months with it off. i like it.
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

lol okay... yes i know they do not make CAI yet for our car... and im not feeling the cheap snorkel thing...i just answered my questtion on my first post and YES their is a large space underneath the head light perfect for a filter u just have to remove the plastic cover underneath the car... i went ahead and bought my CAI cant wait till i get it...ohhh yea!!!! first guy to do a full CAI maybe for a 9g.... 8)

Finished!!!! i just made the intake fit...i made the mistake of buying the manual v6 intake soo i had to go to autozone and buy some of that vacuum tubing for the intake... only used about 7 inches....well my mistake is your gain pretty much....BUY the V6 auto one!!! u might have to do a little modding but it shouldnt be that bad i had a little bit of trouble but it was because i was compairing it to the ralliart galant version cai...im guessin the ralli art concept is manual or something because if it wasnt the dipstik would be directly underneath the cai...if u guys didnt notice, well i found out today... here are some pics...

*** the dipstick for the tranny is to the left a couple inches... its the little blue knob u guys see...

over all its pretty much as cold as u can get the intake... the tube goes down and bends towards the right near the front tire... im happy with it... its alot more deeper when i stop and feel alot more of a kick compared to the 7g once i put it on... next step header n exhaust... ohhh yea springs!!!! 8)

Experienced TGC Member
    sounds like a hustle u got there????

yea... the intake is sitting kinda high, a nice size gap under the tubing... ill probably cut if im not lazy next week and make it sit lower...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

GPTourer
    How does it sound? Really loud and brassy?

got to cutting it the other day... moved it more to the right... looks better and sounds alot cleaner... not brassy at all.... good tone....just need to replace the red to black.... had to use the one from my 7g.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    so u got a 9g? don't u care about warranty?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>so u got a 9g? don't u care about warranty?</div>

does intake voids warranty? i dont think so.

how many of us actually use the warrenty and claimed for it????...pretty much none here... but if anything... i can just pop it back in no biggy....this is pretty much gonna be the only mod under the hood after the disaster wit SMOG...wit my 7g... but yea i have a 3rd party extended warrenty anyways... its just an intake.... im just worried about the engine or tranny for the most part...

funnie your mentioning tranny, i have to bring mine in next week for a new tranny, it shifts hard when its cold, and the other mourning my sporttronic wasnt working....
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(furiousgtz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>so u got a 9g? don't u care about warranty?</div>

does intake voids warranty? i dont think so.</div>

It does if it has an oil based filter.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    cause i remember my brothers lancer. he just snapped on a typical intake and something happenned with his timing (completely not cause of intake)
    so he placed all the stock back so he can have the casa (dealer) look at it cause it's under warranty. but when they hooked up all those shit to his ecu it read that it was tampered and intake might have been replaced. they didn't do shit for the car cause it's a warranty breaker to replace ur intake. but they said exhaust would be ok or lowering it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>cause i remember my brothers lancer. he just snapped on a typical intake and something happenned with his timing (completely not cause of intake)
    so he placed all the stock back so he can have the casa (dealer) look at it cause it's under warranty. but when they hooked up all those shit to his ecu it read that it was tampered and intake might have been replaced. they didn't do shit for the car cause it's a warranty breaker to replace ur intake. but they said exhaust would be ok or lowering it.</div>

been there done that. many times. the dealer can't deny you of warranty service because you might have done someting to the car. they have to show proof that the problems were your fault.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

just go to a different dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast