<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>cause i remember my brothers lancer. he just snapped on a typical intake and something happenned with his timing (completely not cause of intake)
so he placed all the stock back so he can have the casa (dealer) look at it cause it's under warranty. but when they hooked up all those shit to his ecu it read that it was tampered and intake might have been replaced. they didn't do shit for the car cause it's a warranty breaker to replace ur intake. but they said exhaust would be ok or lowering it.</div>
When you say intake, do you meant the intake pipes or intake manifold? I assume just the pipes. The only way they would be able to tell(as long as all the OEM sensors were installed correctly with the new intake) that the intake was changed is by reading the logs of the ECU and noticing the slight increase in airflow.

If he took the car in stock, I definitely would fight that one. If its a timing problem, that shouldnt be affected at all by installing an intake.