The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need suggestions on lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

I need suggestions on lowering springs

I did a search and no results. I am looking for peoples suggestions about what brand to go with. I know a lot of people will say tein but im broke as hell and just want a quick drop. Out of these brands or others in the under 100 price would people go with. Megan, Zenn, Dropzone?

Just wanting peoples suggestions. I dont care about handling im just sick of the gap in the front and I am going just for looks. Thanks for the input.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

my suggestion, save up. some teins or progress springs aren't that much more.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    yea teins, progessive and ebach are the way to go

tein stech $160 shipped at k2motor.com its where i got mine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeyman)</div><div class='quotemain'>tein stech $160 shipped at k2motor.com its where i got mine</div>

2x

TURBO= in the making.......

Tein from Justin: $164 shipped. I'd just save up for that, it's not that much more IMHO, and a quality product.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeyman)</div><div class='quotemain'>tein stech $160 shipped at k2motor.com its where i got mine</div>

what model did you get it for? They don't have eclipse springs on there.

dont skimp on your suspension. you may save a little now but your gonna pay a lot later.

also take other aspects into consideration if your looking to throw some lowering springs in. Shocks/Struts, camber, and an alignment.

I dont think there really is such a thing as a quick drop..

first off I didnt mean to double post mods.

I had a very good feeling everyone would say that so I am probably taking the advice of everyone, I am just usually a cheapskate. Thanks for all the input.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

im on the megan lowring springs right now on stock struts getting GR-2's soon it does bouce like hell though my gurl got sick of it so she's buyin the kybs 8)
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

TGC Regular

Re: I need suggestions on lowering springs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atish25)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did a search and no results. Â*I am looking for peoples suggestions about what brand to go with. Â*I know a lot of people will say tein but im broke as hell and just want a quick drop. Â*Out of these brands or others in the under 100 price would people go with. Â*Megan, Zenn, Dropzone?

Just wanting peoples suggestions. Â*I dont care about handling im just sick of the gap in the front and I am going just for looks. Â*Thanks for the input.</div>

You know.. saving up can be a tough thing to do , hopefully you can, to get tein ... and you just want lowering springs huh ...not type of other new suspension addons (strut,shock)
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar

Re: reply

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atish25)</div><div class='quotemain'>first off I didnt mean to double post mods.

I had a very good feeling everyone would say that so I am probably taking the advice of everyone, I am just usually a cheapskate. Â*Thanks for all the input.</div>

Yet, both posts are asking the same thing in different ways.

Save up man. It's not that much and you may not care now, but down the line, you'll want the quality and handling.
    -Pedro

thanks for the info. man you got a good girl for her to buy them. I'm not looking to get crazy with kybs that 300 i could spend on other things. I drive slow so i dont need the best handling, i am going for looks. Thanks for the info cuz i am sure the bounciness would get annoying. Is that because of the struts or the springs? Either way I think I will probably save up and get some teins.

r1de4life
    i had skunk2s and they were alright.

Calipso
    I just got a set of Teins on here new for $100 shipped. I lucked out though, hard to find them that cheap. I missed out on the KYB AGX's by minutes though. 8)

Experienced TGC Member
    ya go with teins!

cheap springs make cheap rides...u will regret it... get some teins or eibach 8)
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

salvsoltero
    hey i got skunk2skunk coilovers and i think they work great but remember you cant just have an "easy" drop, another thing might be a air cylinders which i had for a while and they ride great i had no complains with it... check em out