The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brakes / rotors?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    silvex

brakes / rotors?

whats the difference?
    plus... i heard something about stock 2002 gtz rotorz/brakes sucked... and i mean to swap them... i've noticed braking from 110 to 70 takes HELLA long... and car starts to shake crazy... almost hit another car... lol... so anyways someone explain what the difference is and which brakes/rotors are best for performance wise? i guess tire and rims matter too ? 16" stock is what i have... thanks in advance...

ralliart
    The stock rotors on all galants are crappy to start with, IMO they not even worth resurfacing. There are several companies that has rotors like tirerack or DBA. Just do a seach for postings here.
    But I have cheapo raybestos rotor with hawk pads, so far no probs, its been 6 months. Id say ANY rotor is better than mitsu's.
    Dont forget to torque your wheel stud properly too.

U can also PM me , i can hook u up with these rotors and pads !!
    http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=701

I used it on all 4 corner with Axxis pads FeeL the DIFFERENCE
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

for rotors on the v6, stock size you can get brembo, powerstop, powerslot, DBA etc etc. those are all peformance rotors that will help you stop faster.

of course if you want to stop even faster, get a big brake upgrade, like the ones from aem, brembo, baer and a few others. the have an increased sized rotor and depending on what kit u get, upgraded calipers too. but yea those require a 17" minimum sized rim

o yae if you are on a budget, since the front brakes do most of the brakeing , you might justwant to replace those for a while

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.