The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I went to the DYNO today, Good news and bad news

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 60
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    ok, i just took the valve cover off and I do have coolant inside the head, that means the head gasket definetly went. I also took a 3/4 ratchet and tried to break free the headstuds, i was able to break a few of them free with very little effort. typically you would need a breaker bar to do it, but not this time. with this said, i think thats the problem. im gonna take a break from the car tomorrow and monday night I will pull the head off and check it out. keeping my fingers crossed, im gonna go outside and wave my lucky rabbits foot over the motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Did you use the moly lube on the head studs?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Well at least now you found what possible was the source of the problem..now just hope its just that. I was wondering that...usually those Cometic headgaskets hold up very well. Good Luck Stewi...keep us updated! 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

im gonna pull the head off monday and I will know for sure. In an absolute worse case scenario, I do have an extra 4G64 block, crank, spare rods, all I would need is pistons, water pump and some machine work and I could do a DOHC 4G64, but again, thats a last resort.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Hey Stewi...if you need aftermarket parts for whatever it is, let me know. I can probably get you a real good deal, just inquire me what you need. PM me if you want. Good luck on whatever you do...interested on seeing pics when you pull the head.

Wow, good numbers on the dyno, but like you said bad news on the head. Like you said though, hopefully just the head gasket. Good luck with that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

TGC Regular
    damn...
    I was so excited about that..then boom headgasket or more..
    I was so excited tho , so i told the girl next to me in the library lmao
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

its dead. contemplating parting out the car.... check for sale section
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>its dead. contemplating parting out the car.... check for sale section</div>

What exactly is "dead"? Did the pistons go bye bye and/or the head warped bad? Man dude...sorry for the misfortune. :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Awww man you have the worst luck EVER! Hope everything works out for you man.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>its dead. contemplating parting out the car.... check for sale section</div>

What exactly is "dead"? Did the pistons go bye bye and/or the head warped bad? Man dude...sorry for the misfortune. :?</div>

by dead I mean nothing looks salvagable. The head has melted pieces of spark plug stuck to it and the valves. The pistons look like a rabbid animal started to bite pieces off the edges and the cylinder walls are scored badly. That block was already .040 over, so with the current scoring, its life is over, next stop is the melting pot for that block. The head might be salvagable, although I dont think so, im dropping it off to the machinist on tuesday to check it over.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Man i am sad to hear about this. I dont know what all you have done to the car besides the evo motor swap and about 13k of stuff done but i know i would be crying like a baby if all of that just went to hell. Hope everything works out for you.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Sorry to hear Stewi. Keep on keeping on though. The prize in the end will be sweet.

no way.

brian man, i dont know what to say. you helped me get through with my swap without your help who knows if i would be running right now. shit bro call me up tomorrow man i got the 4g64 block sitting here. if you want it it's yours just give me a address to ship it to. :cry:
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

dude.. omg thats sucks.. hey i hope everything works out alrite in the end
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

shouldnt happen at all. one of the stepping stone G's in the TGC community. hope everything works out
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Damn Brian....it seems that no one will see the beast...you gotta have the worst luck ever, but in the process you can see first hand the problems, so i know you will fix it. now i guess you can work on the 7G....get that 8G running man...take cali's block

I actually have a friend who builds engines, he has a 600whp 2g eclipse GSX, he built his entire car by himself, he is coming over to look at the motor to see what the best route will be. and Mike, I actually sold the 7g yesterday
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Shit! You can't stop now after all you've been through. I better see that car up and running good as new in the near future.

TGC Regular
    You..as far as I know are the first evolant that I know of
    and I"ve told so many people about you brian and your car , its amazing and rather oyu know it or not alot of people are like WOW and look up to your car..

never quit.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast