The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I went to the DYNO today, Good news and bad news

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 60 of 60
    sorry brian... as Donovan would say man u gatta keep going... i mean a lot of ppl look up to you.. you have no idea how much this saddens me man.... juz keep going dude... or maybe u can try the 4G64 block from Cali and put the EVO head on it... but if anything keep going... dont give up man... u need to keep going... cuz if you dont your not only crushing your dreams... but alsoo mine.. im so close to the motor already juz keep going....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    well I had my friend come over and look at everything. He thinks the block might be salvagable if I get it re-honed. The pistons are junk, the valves are junk, and the head is borderline. The head is going to the machinist tomorrow morning, tomorrow night I should have an idea if its still useable. Tomorrow im going to take off the oil pan and pull the pistons and rods out to make sure the rods arent damaged. If the rods arent damaged, im going to try to just replace the pistons and head and put it back together, if the rods are damaged, then I gotta figure out what to do. Like I said, I really want to rebuild it, but its cost a ton of money and im trying to look forward in my life to things like a house/condo and getting engaged in the near future. I will let you all know how tomorrow goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Whatever you do bro...good luck man. I really hope for the best, you put some hard work into that car and it sucks if the end result is what is is now. Though..it sounds like you got your head on straight as far as your future when it comes to the house/condo deal and possible marriage. What ever happens man...seriously I wish the best! :thumbsup:

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Good luck!

TGC Regular
    YES! good luck!
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

daaaamn brian. i never got to see this beast of yours. i was rooting for u man. i was expecting to see your car in the pages of sport compact car one day. :cry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>well I had my friend come over and look at everything. He thinks the block might be salvagable if I get it re-honed. The pistons are junk, the valves are junk, and the head is borderline. The head is going to the machinist tomorrow morning, tomorrow night I should have an idea if its still useable. Tomorrow im going to take off the oil pan and pull the pistons and rods out to make sure the rods arent damaged. If the rods arent damaged, im going to try to just replace the pistons and head and put it back together, if the rods are damaged, then I gotta figure out what to do. Like I said, I really want to rebuild it, but its cost a ton of money and im trying to look forward in my life to things like a house/condo and getting engaged in the near future. I will let you all know how tomorrow goes.</div>
    the way you describe the rest of the motor, i'd expect the rod bearings to be flat.
    hope your conrods are still fine.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Good luck dude. Can't wait to see whats up next.

Update. The head is OK, just needs milling and new valves. We thought the block was salvageable, its not. Since the block is no longer good, that means the crank and rods are worthless because everything was custom machined and matched together. still not sure what im gonna do
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Update. The head is OK, just needs milling and new valves. We thought the block was salvageable, its not. Since the block is no longer good, that means the crank and rods are worthless because everything was custom machined and matched together. still not sure what im gonna do</div>

How available and how much are "virgin" E5+ 4G63 shortblocks go for these days? If its affordable for you why don't you just go that route. Stock bottom ends are good for around 400-500whp reliably and thats attainable with a nice setup and good tuning. Its a option that could result on getting the car up and running rather than letting the project go all together and still possibly doing what you are planning to do with a house and plans with your significant other.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Sorry to here that bro.......are you evo inside on nyccdsm.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Yes
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

hey brian dude i know ur planning stuff for the future and more power to you bro but it very much saddens me that ur contemplating on continuing this project i hope u make the right decision for you bro..

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

bro sorry to hear that man, why dont you create something here in TGC where people can chip in some money to help you with this man cause fuck it will suck ass to see ur car gone.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

nah man, i got myself into this mess on my own
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

well thats true, but we can all help you get out of it even if its just a little bit.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

yea so i took the oil pan off and its completely filled with metal dust, looks like the rod bearings went at the same time is the pistons, this motor is pretty much junk, i got a kid from EVOM coming over to pick it up next week, im gonna part out what I can and then see where I stand
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that bro that it has come to this. But its better to have a house and be stable, then to have a fast car. Hope you make back as much as you can parting it out.

damn bro more bad news.

well, like dominicano says, a house is always better, especially at a young age so by the time you pay it off its play time again.

w/e you decide to do good luck. if you part it out completely let me know if there's anything than i can possibly take off your hands...maybe the cams, manifold, etc.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea so i took the oil pan off and its completely filled with metal dust, looks like the rod bearings went at the same time is the pistons, this motor is pretty much junk, i got a kid from EVOM coming over to pick it up next week, im gonna part out what I can and then see where I stand</div>
    good luck with everything bro...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123