The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My new muffler does it look wired?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    Experienced TGC Member

My new muffler does it look wired?

its magnaflow universal sounds and peformance is good but the way the shop put it together is messed up. i did not ask for sideway i got to go back.

Not feelin it. It would look better if it was hidden some more.

Back from the dead!!!

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i think its coming out too much... the pipe from the catback is too long maybe?
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Yeah, they screwed up. There is clearance for it to sit up more and the tip will stick out just a bit. I think what they may have done is welded it right where the stock piping to the stock muffler was. It dips down a little which is why yours may be sitting so low. They can cut a new piece to make it sit wherever you want it. Take it back and get it done how you like it.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Experienced TGC Member
    ok i went back and its better then before. its not stickin out that mutch and its little up. muffler shop only charge me $45 for everything he said come back if u are not happy.

this is BEFORE

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    ok i went back and its better then before. its not stickin out that mutch and its little up. muffler shop only charge me $45 for everything he said come back if u are not happy.

this is BEFORE

10X better :thumbsup:

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    It may be just me, but it still looks a little awkward. Maybe because it's a narrow pipe. I'm feeling Magnaflow, how much it cost you?

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuree8thgen
    It may be just me, but it still looks a little awkward. Maybe because it's a narrow pipe. I'm feeling Magnaflow, how much it cost you?
    it was 100 with shipping street seris 14825. i dont no i will leave for while.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsuree8thgen
    I do think its the shape that throws you off. The tip is smaller than most and longer also. just a different type design than I'm not used to seeing also. It does look a lot better, but just me, not feelin how far the tip sticks out. Heighth wise, its good.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just needs to be moved up closer to the bumper IMO.
    7g for life!

now that im looking at the specs, why in the world did you go with a 7' round muffler?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    now that im looking at the specs, why in the world did you go with a 7' round muffler?
    i dont no man. well i m stuck with it now. :?

i think if it was closer to the bottom of the bumper it would look a little better. But hell it's a magnaflow. keep it anyway.

Back in the Family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    i think if it was closer to the bottom of the bumper it would look a little better. But hell it's a magnaflow. keep it anyway.
    x2 just keep it... be happy u just bought sumthin fo ur g and now she hummin like she want it, and when ur in ur gunna wanna go fast but then she gunna get louder and louder, but you gotta lay low cuz u spot a copper, so just let her ride slow till she takes you home...hahaha aight enjoy ur mod hommie stop fellin all down and shit...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    x2 just keep it... be happy u just bought sumthin fo ur g and now she hummin like she want it, and when ur in ur gunna wanna go fast but then she gunna get louder and louder, but you gotta lay low cuz u spot a copper, so just let her ride slow till she takes you home...hahaha aight enjoy ur mod hommie stop fellin all down and shit...
    haha ok good thanks.

i have no idea what i just read. lol

Back in the Family!!

i have no idea what i just read. lol
    some ones a poet and dosent know it

there arent any exhaust laws where i live. either that or they dotn enforce them
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

IF they put in back a little more and up a little bit I think it would look tight. But if you like it the way it is, then keep it like that. For me it would bother me b/c I look to have the stock look.

I like it, but just a inch up would blend it in better. How about a sound/video clip

8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast