The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ive decided to swap

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Ive decided to swap

I raced a 350z today on the high way for fun and he smoked me so bad. Im tired of having my 2.4 i4 motor on my 2000 galant. I really want to put an evo motor with the eclipse tranny and convert to stick. Or is there a better tranny that goes with that motor. I am very interested in doin this but im gonna need some help. If there is anyone local that maybe i can keep in touch with that has gone through the swap i would appreciate your guidance through my galant transformation. I live in the riverside area in california..

Hate to tell you this, but before anyone flames you for this post, try the SEARCH link and you'll find sooooooo many answers to your question. Also try browsing different topics of this forum.

TGC Regular
    only local i can think of is Cali, from San Diego, he knows his shit, so u can try hittin him up.

SEARCH
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by cardude03
    only local i can think of is Cali, from San Diego, he knows his shit, so u can try hittin him up.
    x2, If I had the money to do it, he would be my new best friend cuz he knows what hes doin and his swap looks like its comin out good plus hes in the area!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Calipso
    Yea, you could always try the SEARCH. It's that fancy little link up at the top of the page.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    There are only 3 people(That I know of) that have done an Evo swap in an 8g: Cali, Clay, and Stewi. They all know their crap. Have fun getting ahold of Clay on TGC, thats not possible. Stewi and Cali are both good guys that will be able to help answer your questions.

But before you start asking questions, do a search. Thats how I started my swap. I did research. On here, DSMtuners, NABAR, Magnus, RRE, know what you are talkign about before you start asking general questions.

Just a few tips
    7g for life!

you search NAZI'S need a life.

Back in the Family!!

im pretty sure u cant swap a evo engine w/ eclipse tranny correct if im wrong

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986
    I believe that exactly what Stewi and Cali had done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986
    I believe that exactly what Stewi and Cali had done.
    exactly.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

Re: Ive decided to swap

Quote Originally Posted by glantnation
    ....... If there is anyone local that maybe i can keep in touch with that has gone through the swap i would appreciate your guidance through my galant transformation. I live in the riverside area in california..
    is what hes mainly asking. it takes a few seconds longer to type in"look up cali, or stewi", than "search". momma always said" if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow... ican't believe this... you guys are actually nice to this guy...ur a lucky guy...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unlimited6986)</div><div class='quotemain'>im pretty sure u cant swap a evo engine w/ eclipse tranny correct if im wrong</div>

.... I believe he did.. :mrgreen: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=44865
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>