The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhuast wrap

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

exhuast wrap

I picked up some Inferno exhaust wrap, but can't find any info on the proper way to put it on my new exhaust manifold before I install it on the car, such as, proper way to wrap it on and keep it in place. If anyone has any info, or knows of a website where I can get info, please let me know. I don't want to trial and error it with this stuff if I don't have too.
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors

Re: exhuast wrap

Quote Originally Posted by bytchesgetstyches
    I picked up some Inferno exhaust wrap, but can't find any info on the proper way to put it on my new exhaust manifold before I install it on the car, such as, proper way to wrap it on and keep it in place. If anyone has any info, or knows of a website where I can get info, please let me know. I don't want to trial and error it with this stuff if I don't have too.
    wrap it tight, start it on the runners, and take each one from the head flange to the collector. with the final runner, start at the headflange, then when you get to the collector, continue to wrap around the collecter all the way to the downpipe flange.
    use plain old home depot hose clamps to finish off each section of wrap.
    just clamp it down at the end of the stradn and if you wrapped tightly enough the wrap will hold itself on all the way back to the head flange.

overlap the wrap only 1/8th of an inch. thats your guidline, it doesn't have to be perfect.

if you have any wrap left,
    go ahead and wrap your downpipe with it.(take off the heatshield if you still have one on it.

if you need more wrap, just get on ebay and order yourself some.
    i got 50' of DEI black exhaust wrap shipped to me for under 25 bucks.

i reccomend spraying down the wrapped headers with the dei silicone protectant when you are finished. it keeps water, oil, and abrasion from weakening the fibreglass causing it to unravel

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

awesome, thanks.
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors