The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tiptronic?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    In the time that I take perusing this site's topic, normally in the "late-night/early-morning" hours, I came across some interesting transmission info. I've heard lots of positive things about the manual swaps, and from the look of how thats done, all praise is well deserved, but what am I hearing about INVECS II? It's self learning? What does that mean? I've also heard it be called a "semi-automatic." Does that mean it is like the tiptronic? And on top of that has anyone seen or have pics of someone with one in their G? Can someone help?

this page should explain alot http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/features/invecs.asp

but note that in the US, the galant doesn't have that "semi automatic" mode so there is no tiptronic.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Pose to be a kit that you can buy but for all that why not just do the swap and go for the real thing than some knockoff.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Calipso
    After driving an automatic G in the city in traffic for so long, I got lazy. I do miss the fun of driving stick, and when I drove the sporttronic at the dealership the other day, it was okay. All it really was to me as an automatic that had a fancy option to switch gears slowly w/o a clutch.

Which in essence, took all the fun out driving stick. Honestly, stay auto or go manual. The hybrid transmission isn't as fun as they make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Pose to be a kit that you can buy but for all that why not just do the swap and go for the real thing than some knockoff.
    Kit ?? To convert to tiptronic? ya got any more info?
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    seth posted a link months ago, about a company that had kits, it hooks up to your TCU and you put the buttons on the stearing wheel.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    After driving an automatic G in the city in traffic for so long, I got lazy. I do miss the fun of driving stick, and when I drove the sporttronic at the dealership the other day, it was okay. All it really was to me as an automatic that had a fancy option to switch gears slowly w/o a clutch.

Which in essence, took all the fun out driving stick. Honestly, stay auto or go manual. The hybrid transmission isn't as fun as they make it out to be.

This is 100% true tiptronic is not as fun as they word it to be or make it seem... its very slow... compared to a manual... and ive driven plenty of cars with tiptronic there is always a delay of at least 2 seconds before it snaps into gear... like if you was to punch it going from 1 to 2 its not a smooth shift it will idel high for 1 second before it will drop into second.. LOL i valet part so i know... ive punched almost every car with tiptronic LOL...

The only car that isnt really a manual that has smooth gear shifting are BMW's with their SMG gear box... and lambos.... its a system where the car does the clutch for you and the reaction is almost instant...

I really wouldnt waist your time on a swap or kit to go tiptronic ... like calipso said go one or the other.. it will be a waist of money...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

I love my 5SPD!!!!!

Calipso
    I love my 5SPD!!!!!
    I'll be enjoying mine hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    they called TCUGO here's the link.....

TCUGO

TURBO= in the making.......

I love my 5SPD!!!!!
    Nuff Said!!!