The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Perfect 8g V6 Tranny Swap

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    Well, I think I found the answers for my questions, but still want to verify with those who have done the swap - here's a pic of a manual tranny that was pulled from an V6 Eclipse (Tearstone's non-swap actually ):

As you can see there, the end of the fork is sitting away from where the slave cylinder mounts - so it looks like mine is okay. I also call the local dealership parts dept., and the guy there said the slave cylinder pin goes directly onto the fork - no ball joint or anything like that. Is that correct?

Also, does anyone have the part numbers for the Axle Seals?

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I think I found the answers for my questions, but still want to verify with those who have done the swap - here's a pic of a manual tranny that was pulled from an V6 Eclipse (Tearstone's non-swap actually ):

As you can see there, the end of the fork is sitting away from where the slave cylinder mounts - so it looks like mine is okay. I also call the local dealership parts dept., and the guy there said the slave cylinder pin goes directly onto the fork - no ball joint or anything like that. Is that correct?

Also, does anyone have the part numbers for the Axle Seals?</div>

The slave cylinder pin goes right into the tip of that fork sticking out. The slave cylinder is like a finger that pushes that fork to pull out the center of the pressure plate when pushing the clutch pedal in.

I'm somewhat intimate with the 5spd tranny as I've done a few clutch/flywheel installs but in reality everything is pretty straight forward really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'>The slave cylinder pin goes right into the tip of that fork sticking out. The slave cylinder is like a finger that pushes that fork to pull out the center of the pressure plate when pushing the clutch pedal in.</div>

Yeah, I figured out that much, but it threw me off that the end of the fork was resting away from the slave cylinder - you figure that the cylinder would need to push against the fork, so it would rest the other way, but I imagine that the fork would then be pushed back with the flywheel+clutch in place.

Tearstone
    double post, pls delete

Tearstone
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearstone
    The slave cylinder pin goes right into the tip of that fork sticking out. The slave cylinder is like a finger that pushes that fork to pull out the center of the pressure plate when pushing the clutch pedal in.
    Yeah, I figured out that much, but it threw me off that the end of the fork was resting away from the slave cylinder - you figure that the cylinder would need to push against the fork, so it would rest the other way, but I imagine that the fork would then be pushed back with the flywheel+clutch in place.
    The throw out bearing (which is tricky as hell to disengage) connects into the center hub of the pressure plate when the engine & tranny are mated so at that time the fork does go the other way how you are thinking.

Did you guys have to remove the center crossmember to get the transmission out?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you guys have to remove the center crossmember to get the transmission out?</div>

yes
    Your signature is too long.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you guys have to remove the center crossmember to get the transmission out?</div>

No other way to get it out unless you lifting it out of the bay. 7G's are easy to do cuz you can change the engine without having to remove the axles, tranny or anything. Taking out the tranny from the bottom is way easier than taking it out from the top.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Grrr, the transmission bolts at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position (facing the engine from the drivers side) are a b*tch to get at. :x

Get a cold one and keep going!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Re: Perfect 8g V6 Tranny Swap

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMB
    Flywheel installed :
    In this diagram:

I noticed that you don't have part #1 (plate) installed - is that needed? DId you install the spacer, part #2, as well?

This also goes for the i4 guys, when you are using an aftermarket flywheel you don't need to use those plates.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

How the heck do you get the old shifter assembly out? Aside from the center console, etc, do you have to remove all the crap (looks like the heater core, etc) to get it out, or is there an easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    This also goes for the i4 guys, when you are using an aftermarket flywheel you don't need to use those plates.
    im using a stock flywheel with aftermarket clutch never reinstalled any of the plates. Have no problems and its been over 5 moths now

GRRRR!@#(&!

If its not one thing its another - am trying to fit the Spec Stage 2 clutch onto the fidanza flywheel, but the metal dowels seem too big for the holes in the clutch plate - I can rotate the plate a bit, and the dowel will fit into the next hole, but that hole I believe should be for the bolts (bolt -> dowel -> bolt).

Anyone experience the same problem?

take a pic and lets see, but no i never experienced that.

Any tips on maneuvering the F*CKING transmission into the car? I've scratched the hell out of my clutch cover plate trying to get the f*ckin' thing in there - I keep hitting things here and there - I dont have any of the mount brackets on, or any other bracket on for that matter - I even remove part of the shifter control just to barely clear the frame of the car. I've been trying to get the damn thing in the car for the past 2 days :evil:

If I didn't have the flywheel or clutch on, I'm sure the transmission would slip right in. But of course I can't do that :-?

GRRRRRRR

Remove the rear tranny perch, then try it.

or have you finished this already, damn im so clueless right now:)

Remove the rear tranny perch, then try it.

or have you finished this already, damn im so clueless right now:)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234