The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Perfect 8g V6 Tranny Swap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 79
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>u jacked my shift knob and clutch! Â*

one thing that needs a correction is that the 01 passenger side axle is like the 99-00 axles. the auto tranny axle is too long so u need the axle from the manual tranny.

i'm jealous u got the lsd. thats one thing i still need to get Â*:)</div>

I'm changing my shift knob again. I got a sick deal on the new MR one. I love this clutch, great minds think alike eh .... I have the stage 2 though. The pedal is really really nice.

Interesting note on the axle. The other guy here with a v6 swap.. 8gV65spd didn't replace axles, although his donor car was an 03 V6 Eclipse. Gotta love Mitsubishi and its different year parts.

Definitely get the LSD. A world of difference.</div>

LOL

Hey frank your lucky you dont have an 01+ 4cyl galant. After 2000, Mitsu decided to switch their axle manufacturer for the 4cyl axles. Quaife modeled the LSD off the 1999/2000 axle, so the newer models need to use old axles or have their LSD sent back to Quaife to get re-machined. The end of the axle where the locking ring is that goes into the trans is different, the length between the locking ring and the end of the axle is longer on the 01+ cars, but when you install the axles you cant tell, once you shift hard into a gear the axle pops out of the trans and you dump your gear oil all over the place.

gotta love mitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    LOL

Hey frank your lucky you dont have an 01+ 4cyl galant. After 2000, Mitsu decided to switch their axle manufacturer for the 4cyl axles. Quaife modeled the LSD off the 1999/2000 axle, so the newer models need to use old axles or have their LSD sent back to Quaife to get re-machined. The end of the axle where the locking ring is that goes into the trans is different, the length between the locking ring and the end of the axle is longer on the 01+ cars, but when you install the axles you cant tell, once you shift hard into a gear the axle pops out of the trans and you dump your gear oil all over the place.

gotta love mitsu Â*</div>

Yeah I read about that on Club3g, that was pretty f'ed up. Go Mitsu!

Re: Perfect 8g V6 Tranny Swap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'></div>

no one else said it but.. thats a sexy knob .. i like it.. lol
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    nice...

Where did you buy your clutch and flywheel from?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where did you buy your clutch and flywheel from?</div>

shoot a pm over to ImportCarPartsPlus

i got my clutch and flywheel from him a while back while he was doing a groupbuy on club3g. dunno what kind of prices he can get w/o a gb but it wont hurt to ask. hes a really good guy to deal with.
    Your signature is too long.

Congrats, it is good to see another v6 5spd. I hope to see some at the MN-August meet! Have Fun! By the way I think quaife came out with an LSD for the later model Eclipse tranny. When I was doing my swap they had mention the troubles some people had that you were speaking of and said that they were redesigning a for the later model.

damn imma be the only G on here with the slushbox pretty soon lol. for you v6 5speed guys, do any of yall have track times yet?
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

What is the width of the brake pedal, top and bottom edges?

For the tranny mount, is that the front or the rear?

For the shifter lines, how do you tell which is which?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is the width of the brake pedal, top and bottom edges?

For the tranny mount, is that the front or the rear?

For the shifter lines, how do you tell which is which?</div>

From the questions you've asked it sounds like you are also doing a swap i don't know the width of the brake pedal but i have my stock m/t brake pedal cover if you want it, just pm me you address. There are 3 mounts on the tranny(front,rear,top). The front and rear you can reuse from the auto one, but you need a new top m/t mount. As for the shifter line it works like this, If you move the shifter from left to right the shifter assembly is suppost to get pushed in or pulled out.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>From the questions you've asked it sounds like you are also doing a swap Â*i don't know the width of the brake pedal but Â*i have my stock m/t brake pedal cover if you want it, just pm me you address. There are 3 mounts on the tranny(front,rear,top). The front and rear you can reuse from the auto one, but you need a new top m/t mount. As for the shifter line it works like this, If you move the shifter from left to right the shifter assembly is suppost to get pushed in or pulled out.</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ic.php?p=504323

I'll send you a PM for the brake pedal cover - I was thinking of just dremeling the edges of my stock one as I would be probably be getting some aftermarket ones anyway.

Re: Perfect 8g V6 Tranny Swap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'>2. 2000 and below Gs require new axles. Â*The stock passenger side one is too long. Â*The axle mount will not line up. 2001 and up not required. Â*The axle can be seperated in case yours is stuck like mine. Â*You just need the tranny side half of the axle where the mount is. Don't be ghetto and grind the axle. Â*You need those teeth.</div>

Just want to verify - so my current 2003 axles should fit fine? No need to go find a different axle, right?

the pass. side is 2 parts and you only might need the part that goes in the tranny
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Also want to verify:

I want the motor mount marked "D", yes?

As for the Axle:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>the pass. side is 2 parts and you only might need the part that goes in the tranny</div>
    Did some parts checking on the net, and it looks like the axles are the same for the 02-up 3G auto/manual and 8Gs.

Part D is correct that is the one you want

Tearstone
    Correct Part D is the one you need. In my picture I happened to snag up the guy's solid rear motor mount for free

Question: I got my clutch pedal, but is there some sort of cabling that would be attached to it?

Experienced TGC Member
    Only the hydraulic lines.

W00t! More questions - is there a little ball joint that goes between the fulcrum fork and the slave cylinder pin on the V6 as seen on Peano's tutorial?

(Note: Peanotations pic, not mine)

Also, I don't have the tranny on yet, but as it sits, the end of the fork is currently sitting away from the slave cylinder. Does the fork get pushed back when installed with all the stuff (clutch, flywheel, etc), so that it contacts the slave cylinder pin?

Experienced TGC Member
    Hmmm mine was touching:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast