The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00-05 eclipse lowering springs on a OO galant?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

00-05 eclipse lowering springs on a OO galant?

hey guys, bear with me here. I know use the search, but i used it for 10 min, and I'm at work and running out of break and didnt find it.

ok over the weekend i went to an awsome VW show called Dubs on the Lake. and at that show I won a raffle for a set of Intrax lowering springs. so I definately want to put them on my galant. its got quite a gap. so i called intrax today and asked about them and they said they didnt have springs for a 00 4cyl galant. but they did for an 00 4cyl eclipse. if i get the 00 eclipse springs will they definatley fit on my car? i need to know before i send it out, thanks so much guys. please help me get some free springs

Experienced TGC Member
    they should fit without a problem

Re: 00-05 eclipse lowering springs on a OO galant?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetotoro
    hey guys, bear with me here. I know use the search, but i used it for 10 min, and I'm at work and running out of break and didnt find it.

ok over the weekend i went to an awsome VW show called Dubs on the Lake. and at that show I won a raffle for a set of Intrax lowering springs. so I definately want to put them on my galant. its got quite a gap. so i called intrax today and asked about them and they said they didnt have springs for a 00 4cyl galant. but they did for an 00 4cyl eclipse. if i get the 00 eclipse springs will they definatley fit on my car? i need to know before i send it out, thanks so much guys. please help me get some free springs
    yup they will fit direct to ur G!

TURBO= in the making.......

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    will shocks and struts fit from an eclipse 00+ aswell?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    uhhhhhh yeaaaaa, they don't make kyb agx for galants, everyone uses the ones from eclipse's

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    uhhhhhh yeaaaaa, they don't make kyb agx for galants, everyone uses the ones from eclipse's
    really? the site i was buying from had it under galant but its possible they new that eclipse shocks and struts fit our cars...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

i dont know about nowdays, but when i bought my AGX, i used 00+ eclipse Specs... And now since i went back to stock, i got a set of used AGX laying around.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    hey bigbluetotoro....
    u r off of work now, right???

so....

"use the search, you noob!!!"

hehehe....j/k

most of the local folks just IM me or call my cell phone instead of searching lol.

but yea, the 4cyl eclipse springs will work. i am using eclipse coils on my car myself. intrax also makes galant springs for the v6 that will also work on your car. but note that if you do use the v6 springs, the front won't drop as low as stated on the box since the v6 is heavier in the front than the i4.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

awsome! just what I needed thanks so much guys.

i heard that using eclipse struts wear out sooner because they are designed for a lighter car. just what ive heard. wondering if there was truth to that. thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman
    i heard that using eclipse struts wear out sooner because they are designed for a lighter car. just what ive heard. wondering if there was truth to that. thanks.
    Galants are generally lighter than Eclipses.(As far as I know on the 7gs) Weight difference shouldn't be significant unless you are comparing the Eclipse Convertible which are far more heavier.

3g Eclipse 4 cyl: Curb weight 2822
    3g Eclipse 4 cyl Convertible: Curb weight 3042
    8g Galant 4 cyl: Curb weight 2835

*This info was taken from Consumer Guide.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman
    tell that to all the GTZ owners all there. GTZ sport tuned suspension = eclipse GT factory standard suspension

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.