The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any1 notice the booming sound...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Any1 notice the booming sound...

...when only your rear windows are down? This is the first car I have ever heard this in before. If you don't know what I'm talking about, start out with all 4 windows up and drive about 60+ mph. Then lower your rear windows only. You will hear a booming noise it kinds of hurts your ear.
    2004 Galant LS

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    It's called a vaccum.

Air can't come in and out at equilibrium so it come in, then goes out...like if you held a bottle of water upside down without the cap on.
    -Pedro

8g's do the samthing if only the driver's rear window is down.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    It's even worse if you have just the rear windows down and the front ones up. Pops your ears.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

or when you open the sunroof
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Yeah, I've hate thet sound. My 8G does it with both rear windows down and the front ones up. My Father's Outlander is probably the worst car I've ever been in with regards to that sounds. In his Outlander I feel like my head is going to explode. Even having just one front window down in his Outlander makes a small amount of that noise.

yea, mines does that also. it helps shut my backseat driving passengers though :twisted:
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

my windows don't work :evil:
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

just about every car Ive ever driven is capable of producing enough low pressure in the cabin during specific "window open" times that you can get that pulsating vacuum.

not much you can do but alter the laws of physics.

actually, thats not true.. usually just cracking a front window a little if the rears are open will alleviate that issue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>just about every car Ive ever driven is capable of producing enough low pressure in the cabin during specific "window open" times that you can get that pulsating vacuum.

not much you can do but alter the laws of physics.

actually, thats not true.. usually just cracking a front window a little if the rears are open will alleviate that issue.</div>

true.

TGC Regular
    who drives with just the rear windows open...... strange.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

I used to without even realizing it. I rest my hand on the door and somehow I used to tap the left rear window switch without even realizing it. With the window controllers that causes the window to go all the way down.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.