The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where to buy lower arm bushing?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Where to buy lower arm bushing?

After reading the bulletin about the wheel shake, I'm assuming replacing them is what I need to do to fix my 55mph+ steering wheel shake.

First of all, has anyone here done this? Does this infact fix the bad steering wheel wobble problem when going over 55mph?

I have plenty of brake wobble too, and plan on addressing that separately, but first I want to be able to drive on the freeway without feeling like my car's going to fly apart.

Secondly, if this is what I need to replace: what's the best place to find this part? Direct from the factory? What should I expect to spend on it?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, looks like I found them here: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...M&siteid=214144

Is that all I need? Just buy two of them?

If my bushings need replacing, does that mean my lower control arm's bad too, or should I just replace the bushings and see from there?

i am surprised no one's answered you yet. It may be easier to get the whole arm unless you are able to torch out the old and press in the new bushing.

i actually have a replacement set from Energy Suspension that i was going to install but never did. i was going to post them up for sale.
    they're still brand new sealed in the original packaging.

make me an offer i'll get you pics by the afternoon.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

DoverWhite
    IMO, if you're getting shaking, i don't think it would be the bushing. It would most likely be due to wheel balancing. Have you tried getting all your wheels balanced? It fixes wheel shaking 95% of the time.

I've had lower arm bushings go out on my old MX6 I used to have. When it goes out, what I experienced was the car would randomly 'shift' from side to side while driving. Not shaking.. more like skiing back and forth. Really scary.