The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bumpstops

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Senior TGC Member

Bumpstops

Since this is related to springs install I choose to post in here...what do they do other than keep a car from crushing on itself when it bottoms out? Does it have anything to do with dropped ride height? Someone had suggested the reason my rear is only dropped .25 to .50 with the Eibachs is because the shop didn't bother cutting my bumpstops and it had me curious.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Turboutlaw
    personally I tihnk there is no way that they effect the amount of drop that you get, when i cut mine(assuming you did cut yours) they dont have any force put on them by the top of the strut, the bumpstops arent near the top of the strur/spring hence, they wouldnt even be touched unless you possibly hit a large enough bump

yep, nothing to do with drop unless your car is sitting on them while your car is at rest, lol. that would mean you don't have a suspension, hahaha. What it will do for you is increase the room for suspension travel and that's all as it would be harder to bottom out.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    Ah...no wonder my car leaps higher than a prancing deer when I hit the smallest bumps...it's too easily bottoming out eh. Sure is fun to watch my rear occupants when it happens though
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Ah...no wonder my car leaps higher than a prancing deer when I hit the smallest bumps...it's too easily bottoming out eh. Sure is fun to watch my rear occupants when it happens though
    hahaha, you have one dark sense of humor :mrgreen:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    As long as it amuses me at the cost of others