The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help a newbie out?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    randysz

Help a newbie out?

Hey guys, my names Randy and Im 17 (18 in nine days ). I am buying an 04 Galant LS in probably about a month, maybe a week or two later, but within the next two months. I have been comparing reviews and such to those of my older brothers Nissan Altima 3.5 SE and have noticed that I like the Galant alot better except for one thing. The altima comes with dual exhaust. Is it possible to get catback exhaust with dual mufflers on an 04 Galant LS? My brother said the chassis and underbody might not fit it because none of the Galants come with dual exhaust, so there probably isnt room. One more question: What site has good kits for these Galants, and how much do you think a decent one is going to set me back?(Im looking for one with dual exhaust slots, because I want dual exhaust for sure, might have to go with a single muffle with dual output, and I want it to not be too low either, because Im gonna have to drive my Galant in the winter too until I get finished university.) (and 9G is the 2004+ models right?)

Any help would be great and for the future, here are my plans in case anyone was wanting to know (in order Im getting them):

Getting a silver Galant
    Dark tint (only first because I just got off the phone and I won a 50 dollar gift certificate from ming auto beauty at World Of Wheels, so ill use that to cover some of the tint)
    20 inch Chrome Lexanis with super low profs
    Dual exhaust (Dual mufflers if possible)
    Intake
    Maybe a kit (gonna need a new back bumper anyways to fit my exhaust, thinking of maybe going with a customized eclipse bumper to fit it.
    obviously a stereo (cost+10% i work at best buy)
    and maybe more

thanks for your help guys

-Randy

Experienced TGC Member
    lol, sorry to burst ur bubble, but there aren't a lot of aftermarket parts for the 9th G

randysz
    thought so

but I was hearing about an eclipse intake that can work, and what about the exhaust, will I have to do single muffler with dual output?

Experienced TGC Member
    dunno bout the muffer anything can be done.... with $$$$$..... Its one guy on here he made a custom CAI intake on his 9G

And I haven't seen any kitted 9g yet!

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rez887)</div><div class='quotemain'>And I haven't seen any kitted 9g yet!</div> Me neither.. i think a nice lip would like nice on the 9g. i been lookin for something to spice up my 9G.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    U can always change ur mind and get a 8G! lot of aftermarket parts.