The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $350-$400 to change plugs and wires ??? WTF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbla03)</div><div class='quotemain'>Has anyone had to do this ^^^ Â*And where do you get your "PCM" reprogrammed ??</div>
    dealership.

TGC Regular
    OH well.... i no longer have the time or knowledge to fuck with this thing, plus its all the way accross town stranded. So instead of getting it towed to my house and then fucking it up even more trying to do it myself, im just gonna drive it to the mitsu dealership (which i found out is only a couple blocks from where its stranded). No doubt im gonna get ass raped on the labor :cry:

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

I had a similar problem at about 12k miles. Car started running poorly, with clouds of white exhaust smoke. After about 15 minutes of idling it would go away. Took it to the dealer (it was under warranty) and code reader said misfire cylinder whatever. They changed the plug and said it was fixed. NOT! A few days later it started running poorly again, and this time it was still like that when I got it to the dealer. Turns out it was a bad injector. They replaced it. A week later I get the same problem - misfire code on a different cylinder. They replaced that injector. Two weeks later problem recurs. This time they replaced the remaining four injectors, and no problems since then. BTW, the replacement injectors had a different part number than the originals. I think injectors are your problem.

TGC Regular
    OK i got all my shit fixed at the mitsu dealer..... cleaned fuel injectors, changed alty and power steering belts, and got an oil changed, in addition to changing my plugs, wires, dist. cap, and rotor myself.
    After driving it a little bit i noticed that my shift points and accelerating is a little different then before. If i reset my ecu (disconnect negative battery terminal for 45 min, then let idle for 15 min, then drive) will this make it better?

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    I think my car is starting to get the same symptoms (poor idling, etc.). This thread was very helpful and informative, now it's time for me to bring the car to the dealership, the earlier the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03
    OK i got all my shit fixed at the mitsu dealer..... cleaned fuel injectors, changed alty and power steering belts, and got an oil changed, in addition to changing my plugs, wires, dist. cap, and rotor myself.
    After driving it a little bit i noticed that my shift points and accelerating is a little different then before. If i reset my ecu (disconnect negative battery terminal for 45 min, then let idle for 15 min, then drive) will this make it better?
    It depends. Maybe your car is running better now than it had been before you got it serviced. If not, yea disconnecting the battery will help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12