The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Calling all 5 speed swapped 8g's....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40
    galant_got_speed

Calling all 5 speed swapped 8g's....

This is kind of a weird request..but i was wondering if someone on the board who is 5 speed swapped and has a video camera could take a backseat shot of them driving and shifting...my parents dont believe me when i say the swap works...so i kind of need some proof...if someone could do that for me id greatly appreciate it! thanks!

You are here entirely tooo much!!

Re: Calling all 5 speed swapped 8g's....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is kind of a weird request..but i was wondering if someone on the board who is 5 speed swapped and has a video camera could take a backseat shot of them driving and shifting...my parents dont believe me when i say the swap works...so i kind of need some proof...if someone could do that for me id greatly appreciate it! thanks!</div>

Why not just have them read and see all the TUTS that are on the board about the swap, pics and driving.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

galant_got_speed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is kind of a weird request..but i was wondering if someone on the board who is 5 speed swapped and has a video camera could take a backseat shot of them driving and shifting...my parents dont believe me when i say the swap works...so i kind of need some proof...if someone could do that for me id greatly appreciate it! thanks!</div>

Why not just have them read and see all the TUTS that are on the board about the swap, pics and driving.</div>

ehh i tried showing them...they want cold hard proof that it works..b4 i go spending money on the parts

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    lol typical parents. They know it works, just looking for excuses for you not to tear up your perfectly working 8g
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is kind of a weird request..but i was wondering if someone on the board who is 5 speed swapped and has a video camera could take a backseat shot of them driving and shifting...my parents dont believe me when i say the swap works...so i kind of need some proof...if someone could do that for me id greatly appreciate it! thanks!</div>

Why not just have them read and see all the TUTS that are on the board about the swap, pics and driving.</div>

ehh i tried showing them...they want cold hard proof that it works..b4 i go spending money on the parts</div>

why an 8g why not use one of the 7g's from the videos. Since its pretty musch the same thing

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    My 7g used to be an auto, I have vids up around the sizzite.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...2078&highlight=

This is Goosey's swap. Show it to them.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol typical parents. Â*They know it works, just looking for excuses for you not to tear up your perfectly working 8g </div>

TAG

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

galant_got_speed
    all the vids around the site have broken links...i can show them all the tutorials i want they are the type of people who only believe in what they see...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>all the vids around the site have broken links...i can show them all the tutorials i want they are the type of people who only believe in what they see...</div>

You tried peano's vid in the tgc member video. I know for a fact it works beceause i just watched it a couple hours ago

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    show them my track video, you cant see me shifting but you can sure here it, especially when I over-rev then miss a gear...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I'll take one for you this week
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll take one for you this week</div>

thanks man i appreciate it...as for stewi..i was wondering if that was an over-rev in the video haha...all i heard WAHHHHH ERRRR ERRR ERRR PSHHHHH..WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...DAMN!!!

does this swap throw a code

TGC Regular
    shift solenoid A malfunction
    shift solenoid B malfunction
    shift solenoid C malfunction
    shift solenoid D malfunction

and one other one i dont remember.

if you want the exact #'s u have to gimmie a while
    Your signature is too long.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hsinya

i thought the tranny through 6 codes....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hsinya

It only throws codes on 2001's and newer. I did two 99' ES 4cyl and a 00' ES 4cyl and never had a code.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

no codes here

i juss did my swap and finshed not too long ago, if goosey doesnt hit you off with a clip i got one going about 80 90 on long island expressway, not a smart idea but anyway
    i got a 99 white es i4 and my swap didnt send me any codes for the swap at all
    From the dance floor to the track
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life

Dude :shock: Is that an aluminum wing on the back of your car in your avatar?

Next time i'm with JayDee I'll take a video since i don't have a video camera.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast