The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to SAFELY remove door panel?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Selectedmarksman

How to SAFELY remove door panel?

Hi, all.

I'm sorry to ask such a noob question, but I've been searching for about an hour and haven't found a good tutorial on how to remove the interior panel of an 8g door (and re-install it). I certainly don't want to break anything in the process.

The reason I'm doing this isn't exactly sound either, I'll admit. I have a slight ding in the door that I was quoted an obscene price to have 'hammered out' and figured I'd give it a try myself with a wooden dowel or brass punches, starting light, from the inside. Hense, needing to remove the door panel.

This may be too ambitious, but I thought it would be a practical first hands-on experience with my G and could potentially save some serious cash... to go into real mods ; P

Thanks in advance to everyone for making this a great forum and please be kind, I'm still new : P

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: How to SAFELY remove door panel?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Selectedmarksman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi, all.

I'm sorry to ask such a noob question, but I've been searching for about an hour and haven't found a good tutorial on how to remove the interior panel of an 8g door (and re-install it). Â*I certainly don't want to break anything in the process.

The reason I'm doing this isn't exactly sound either, I'll admit. Â*I have a slight ding in the door that I was quoted an obscene price to have 'hammered out' and figured I'd give it a try myself with a wooden dowel or brass punches, starting light, from the inside. Â*Hense, needing to remove the door panel.

This may be too ambitious, but I thought it would be a practical first hands-on experience with my G and could potentially save some serious cash... to go into real mods ; P

Thanks in advance to everyone for making this a great forum and please be kind, I'm still new : P</div>

dude its pretty easy. it takes like 3 minutes. you take off the the 3 capped screws. then the screw on the door handle and the arm rest. then put a flat head screw driver between the trim and actual door and pop it out. then disconnect the switch and your good. hit me up if you have anymore questions.... 8)
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Dont say it's 'easy,' I was told the same but it took me over an hour to get the fucking door back on. I have a 01 GTZ with the tweeter pods

actually it is pretty easy. its on my list of things i can do with my car blindfolded

but yea, pictures are worth a thousand words.

oh yea another tip, its easier to put the door panel back on if the window is down.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styles430)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dont say it's 'easy,' I was told the same but it took me over an hour to get the fucking door back on. I have a 01 GTZ with the tweeter pods</div>

an hour???? what? it literally takes me 3 minutes to take it off.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Experienced TGC Member
    GIT R DONE

rolling
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(styles430)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dont say it's 'easy,' I was told the same but it took me over an hour to get the fucking door back on. I have a 01 GTZ with the tweeter pods</div>
    man i know what you mean hommie i had the same problem but it took me like 1/2hr to do it fucken pod

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh yea another tip, its easier to put the door panel back on if the window is down.</div>

I wish somebody would've told me that when I was installing my M3 mirrors. But taking the panels off and putting them back on shouldn't take anyone anymore that five minutes...seriously.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Selectedmarksman
    Oh man, thanks Pinoyesv6, that's exactly what I needed! You guys are great!

Excellent tutorial there pinoy, am installing some new speakers and tweaters shortly and was a bit curious about the whole procedure.

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Selectedmarksman
    Any chance someone could supply a similar tutorial for the rear doors? I only saw one capped screw and was afraid to even try it without knowing more about how the rear door panels work.

Thanks again for all the help, guys!

Easy as hell on any door, I just use my hands. Remove the screws and pull.

Selectedmarksman
    I guess that's my problem, I can only find one screwed (a covered one) on the rear doors that I think holds the panels on. Surely there's more to it than that. Can someone list the location of rear door panel screws?

hmm.. did u take out the holder and the screw behind the handle.. just look at the thing and go around.. should be liek 3 screws or 4..

then all u gotta do is just put ur hand by the opening form the screw and wedge rite in.. and slowly pull and just get some leverage going into it.. and pretty soon.. just pop it out.. and BAM ur done..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Excellent tutorial, thanks you Pinoyesv6

after 6 hour reading evey post about remove door panel. I still dont get where are clip until i see the picture. just pull outside on the bottom.

finally finish in 5 min....ORZ, i want my time back +_+

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Ineeded that tute too. Thanx Allen