The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g 2 piston brake upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 43
    Experienced TGC Member

7g 2 piston brake upgrade

Has anyone tried to see if they work with the stock 15". I need a new calipher and was thinking why not upgrade to 2 pistons.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Proto

Re: 7g 2 piston brake upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Has anyone tried to see if they work with the stock 15". I need a new calipher and was thinking why not upgrade to 2 pistons.
    not sure. but im 5 lug with GSX rotors and swapping to dual piston fronts from a 3kgt. you need special lines.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: 7g 2 piston brake upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    not sure. but im 5 lug with GSX rotors and swapping to dual piston fronts from a 3kgt. you need special lines.
    Is it true you have to swap right and left when installing? and could I just use 2g gsx brake lines?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ive always been told that swapping 2g GSX calipers left and right and they will fit fine. Ive bolted up Diamante duel caliper pistons and their bracket and they fit perfectly. Just not sure if we need a bigger rotor to completely use the bigger caliper.
    7g for life!

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Ive always been told that swapping 2g GSX calipers left and right and they will fit fine. Ive bolted up Diamante duel caliper pistons and their bracket and they fit perfectly. Just not sure if we need a bigger rotor to completely use the bigger caliper.
    thats why i have GSX slotted/drilled rotors

Experienced TGC Member
    So if I use diamante calipers and brackets I dont need to swap left and right?

Proto
    different brake lines i believe, they use a male end and not a banjo bolt.

some 2 pispton calipers had the straight fittings. some had the banjo fittings. they will both work with yoru stock setup as the line lengths are the same. would only make a difference when ordering stainless lines. just make sure that you use the lines that come WITH the caliper if you use the kind with the straight fitting.
    then attach them to your stock hardline.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    some 2 pispton calipers had the straight fittings. some had the banjo fittings. they will both work with yoru stock setup as the line lengths are the same. would only make a difference when ordering stainless lines. just make sure that you use the lines that come WITH the caliper if you use the kind with the straight fitting.
    then attach them to your stock hardline.
    i ordered SS lines for a 2g with male ends for my 3kgt calipers.

Experienced TGC Member
    Just wanted to give you guys an update on this subject. The other day I realize my boys 6g vr-4 has oem big brakes and is 4 lug. I am pretty dam sure those rotors would work on our cars.

Just wanted to give you guys an update on this subject. The other day I realize my boys 6g vr-4 has oem big brakes and is 4 lug. I am pretty dam sure those rotors would work on our cars.
    i know you told me that you are runnign the v4 rotors and dual piston calieprs now.
    and i read that you were asking if they'd fit stock wheels.

so did they fit behind yoru stock 14's? or did you have to run other wheels?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    I am running 17" rims and they fit. I never tried them with the stockers but if someone in the area wants to try them on my ride lmk.

Experienced TGC Member
    I plan to do this soon... VERY soon.. (after all my problems are fixed)

I have 2 sets of the Diamante calipers, I really want to do this. I doubt the stock 15" wheels will clear, but Im positive 16" wheels will as thats what came on the majority of 1g/2g GSXs.

Now to find some nice 16" wheels for cheap and some good tires!
    7g for life!

Proto
    I have 2 sets of the Diamante calipers, I really want to do this. I doubt the stock 15" wheels will clear, but Im positive 16" wheels will as thats what came on the majority of 1g/2g GSXs.

Now to find some nice 16" wheels for cheap and some good tires!
    They will clear 16", I know that for a fact. Once DSM tuners comes up I'll post the link for dual piston upgrade.

Experienced TGC Member
    Some 15's fit for example rota slipstreams. My boy has those on his eclipse and they clear the big brakes.

wow I have been workin on a vr4 3kgt and I am swaping the motor on it to a jdm one and the guy acts like he will not pay so maybe I will get those calipers and get the stoppin....
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Some 15's fit for example rota slipstreams. My boy has those on his eclipse and they clear the big brakes.
    I wonder if the 15" Lancer OZ wheels would clear. Id like to get a 16" set of Rota Torques for dailey use and some 15" Lancer OZ wheels for AutoX.

Heck, I have the brakes, I may as well try to bolt them up this weekend and see if my stock 98 15" alloys clear.
    7g for life!

as all of you know, i have an 8g v6 which has the dual piston calipers. similar setup to the 2g gsx. same rotor size even. but yea, 15's will clear but you have to make sure u don't knick the caliper paint when u put the wheels on. with that said, i should repaint my calipers lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    wow I have been workin on a vr4 3kgt and I am swaping the motor on it to a jdm one and the guy acts like he will not pay so maybe I will get those calipers and get the stoppin....
    3000gt vr4 ones wont work but but 3000gt sl ones will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast