The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just wondering..

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Experienced TGC Member

Just wondering..

1. Im aware that you have to use the mitsubishi tranny flid in our transmissions. I want to completely flush the whole system and i kinda find it pointless to pay 6-7 bucks for a quart of mitsu tranny fluid when its just going to be used for flushing. My question is could i buy whatever amount of cheap tranny fluid that it will take to flush the system and then refill it with the mitsu fluid while making sure to get as much tranny fluid out as possible?

2. How much brake fluid do i need to completely flush the brakes.. And also what order do i bleed the brakes from and how to do it?

Thanks,

Johnas

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    1. i assume you're talking about the automatic...don't know shit about them, sorry lol.
    2. i flushed my brakes with 3 quarts and still had plenty left over to top off the master cylinder. i used dot4 fluid for a much higher boiling point (helps with brake fade). you want to start at the wheel furtherst from the master cylinder (passenger side, rear drum/disc). either with a 1-man brake bleeder or a hose dipped in your drain pan, make sure the end of the hose is sitting in a little bit of fluid so when you come up with the brake pedal, it doesn't suck air back in. keep pumping the brakes until no air bubbles come out. pay attention to how much fluid is in the master cylinder; if you are bleeding the brakes and it goes below the MIN line then you might get air in the lines and have to start all over.

hope that makes sense
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Well, if a trans flush is done right, the new fluid will just barely start to be pushed back out when the process is stopped. So, only about 1 qt of fluid is completely flushed through, if that. So, you need to flush with whatever fluid you want in your trans. So, in your case yes. You need 13 qts of Mitsu fluid.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.