The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intercooler

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    galant_got_speed

Intercooler

Hey guys...im looking at the tearstone budget kit and i see that they charge 1200 bucks for an intercooler! would it just be better for me to get the non intercooled kit and add an aftermarket intercooler? are the ones from ebay any decent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-LARGE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

they claim only .2 boost loss at 15 PSI...with installation costs im trying to stay under 4000 dollars...so anything i can do to save some cash is cool..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I assume the intercooler from tearstone is a kit which includes a nice FMIC, charge pipes, coulpers, and t-bolt clamps. Which $1200 isnt the cheapest kit but its definitely not outrageous. I wouldnt recommend any cheap eBay FMIC as the FMIC is an essential part in the turbo system and needs to do its jobs coolings. If your wanting to buy off eBay, look up the seller: jrprp1 or he has a website: www.extremeintercoolers.com. My FMIC is made by him and it is very nice. His design is cool as well, it is a tube/fin but has cooling characteristics of a bar/plate.

Also may want to check out www.johnnyracecar.com for good deals on FMICs.
    7g for life!

Re: Intercooler

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys...im looking at the tearstone budget kit and i see that they charge 1200 bucks for an intercooler! would it just be better for me to get the non intercooled kit and add an aftermarket intercooler? are the ones from ebay any decent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-LARGE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

they claim only .2 boost loss at 15 PSI...with installation costs im trying to stay under 4000 dollars...so anything i can do to save some cash is cool..</div>

your thinking about getting this but couldn't shell out a couple bucks for an emblem group buy huh?

Back in the Family!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    $1200 for just an intercooler is absolutely rediculous. it better come with charge pipes, T-bolt clamps, triply-ply silicone couplers, and a girl that will give you a bj. hell, spearco intercoolers arn't even $1200, and they're the best.

the johnnyracecar intercoolers are good. you can't make HUGE power with them but for someone who's starting out and wants to make some decent pavement-killing power, it's a good quality product.

i got my intercooler on ebay, and it was pretty solid. a year later it's still looking pretty sharp and doesn't have any leaks despite all the abuse it's recieved.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>$1200 for just an intercooler is absolutely rediculous. it better come with charge pipes, T-bolt clamps, triply-ply silicone couplers, and a girl that will give you a bj. hell, spearco intercoolers arn't even $1200, and they're the best. Â*

the johnnyracecar intercoolers are good. you can't make HUGE power with them but for someone who's starting out and wants to make some decent pavement-killing power, it's a good quality product.

i got my intercooler on ebay, and it was pretty solid. a year later it's still looking pretty sharp and doesn't have any leaks despite all the abuse it's recieved.</div>

He meant $1299 for an intercooler kit that comes with everything you mentioned above minus the BJ.

Experienced TGC Member
    There is a huge thread over at DSMtuners about the Ebay FMICs. A lot of people are finding them to be much better quality than originally thought.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>$1200 for just an intercooler is absolutely rediculous. it better come with charge pipes, T-bolt clamps, triply-ply silicone couplers, and a girl that will give you a bj. hell, spearco intercoolers arn't even $1200, and they're the best. Â*

i got my intercooler on ebay, and it was pretty solid. a year later it's still looking pretty sharp and doesn't have any leaks despite all the abuse it's recieved.</div>

He meant $1299 for an intercooler kit that comes with everything you mentioned above minus the BJ.</div>

How much is the BJ?