The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Seeks Wide-Track Niche

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Mitsubishi Seeks Wide-Track Niche

According to Automotive News:

Mitsubishi's Cheif Designer Akinori Nakanishi states that all future vehicles will have a sporty, wide-track look. This is to give Mitsubishi a unique look to stand out and compete with other manufacturers.

I hope they do it right and come out w/even greater products!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

at this point i have no doubt they will look great... they're definitely steppin their game up. I mean look at the new cars.. the new galant looks cool as hell, the Eclipse is a crowd pleaser.. and then the EVO.. DAMN.. so i think theyll rise back up..
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Wide-track is not a unique look, thats Pontiac's thing.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    Wide-track is not a unique look, thats Pontiac's thing.
    Im curious to see how it'll play out for Mitsubishi who says they will be doing it to all cars. I dont think Pontiac is doing it anymore. I remember when they were tryin to make a big deal about it too. I recently read too that Pontiac is goin for more rear wheel drive applications. But I'm just reporting what I read.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    wait 'til the US version comes out.
    i have a funny feeling they're gonna screw us up again...

Experienced TGC Member
    4g63lover Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at this point i have no doubt they will look great... they're definitely steppin their game up. I mean look at the new cars.. the new galant looks cool as hell, the Eclipse is a crowd pleaser.. and then the EVO.. DAMN.. so i think theyll rise back up..
    In my honest opinion...i thought the new Galant was ugly as hell! It looked like a damn Elephant. The best body styles i have seen from a Mitsubishi car are as follows...

1- Mitsu Lancer Evo (the one featured in F&F 2....i believe it is the 7)
    2- Mitsu Eclipse 94-99 (99-03 was aiiight :? )
    3- Mitsu Galant (8th Generation is da bomb!)

The 9th. Gen Galant is horrible. The concept for the 9th. Gen Ralliart was damn decent. BUt the new Eclipse is the shit! I love the body styling on the Eclipse convertible. It looks aggressive with the lip kit.

Experienced TGC Member
    Any pics?

Well to me the 8G looks like a cavalier with a extended front end...I like the 9G much better...more power, more luxury, faster, and it looks twice as good imho.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    "Wide track" look? :? I don't know if its just me..but when I see lowered Mitsus they attain a wider stance appearance. Does anyone else see this? Mitsu is getting better with their built quality and overall design. It seems newer generations of cars are getting bigger..so as they get wider, they are probably gonna get longer and heavier.

Pontiac is changing their direction aiming towards a younger based market. The Turbo Soltice GXP is coming out later this year...but for some reason, I am not that all impressed.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular

Re: Mitsubishi Seeks Wide-Track Niche

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChuloMxcn)</div><div class='quotemain'>According to Automotive News:

Mitsubishi's Cheif Designer Akinori Nakanishi states that all future vehicles will have a sporty, wide-track look. *This is to give Mitsubishi a unique look to stand out and compete with other manufacturers. *

I hope they do it right and come out w/even greater products!</div>

yay
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well to me the 8G looks like a cavalier with a extended front end...I like the 9G much better...more power, more luxury, faster, and it looks twice as good imho.</div>

IDK dude I think the 9G looks like the excreted remains of a Maxima.

TGC Regular
    heh
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Experienced TGC Member

A major upgrade from the base model 9th. Gen. Galant

Ehhh.... :?

How many of you guys would do this... ... for a free Evo X?

Hmmm....oh yeh!

If i had to choose on exterior styling alone...id choose the 8th. Gen over the 9th. Gen. However, ive heard the interior on the 9th. Gen. is a major upgrade from the 8th. Gen.[/b]

They hadded a different grille, dropped it, put chrome strips by the window, and added a different hood...interior doesn't count because theres no way in hell they'll put racing seats - well it's mitsubishi I guess they could.

Anyway, my point is, you can buy all of that to put on a galant when it comes out, I know I'll be transferring some things, but I honestly like the way my car is now.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Tech_Greek Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:31 am * *Post subject: *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They hadded a different grille, dropped it, put chrome strips by the window, and added a different hood...interior doesn't count because theres no way in hell they'll put racing seats - well it's mitsubishi I guess they could. *

Anyway, my point is, you can buy all of that to put on a galant when it comes out, I know I'll be transferring some things, but I honestly like the way my car is now. </div>

Its all good TG. Man...your like the parent who has the butt ugly child and just doesnt want to admit that theyre ugly. Its all good though. Because i feel the same way about my 8G. And im sure the 7G guys feel the same.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Tech_Greek Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:31 am * *Post subject: *

They hadded a different grille, dropped it, put chrome strips by the window, and added a different hood...interior doesn't count because theres no way in hell they'll put racing seats - well it's mitsubishi I guess they could. *

Anyway, my point is, you can buy all of that to put on a galant when it comes out, I know I'll be transferring some things, but I honestly like the way my car is now. </div>

Its all good TG. Man...your like the parent who has the butt ugly child and just doesnt want to admit that theyre ugly. Its all good though. Because i feel the same way about my 8G. And im sure the 7G guys feel the same.</div>

Nope, if I cared what people thought, I'd be driving a civic that I beat everyday when they call me out and make fun of my car.