The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing springs someone help

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

installing springs someone help

ok heres the deal i got 01 galant but do not knwo what spring to get i heard u can use eclipse but i want to make sure someone help me out and whats the diffrence between coil overs and springs in my case what would u all do

Experienced TGC Member
    what a run-on sentence.. they have springs for 8th gen galant.... but u can use the 3rd gen eclipse

just to point you to the right direction before you get burned:
    anything for the 3G will work, as for brands, this summs it up: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10051
    and PLEASE SEARCH!!!

hey

what u mean for 3 g im new to this galant fixing up i just heard eclipse will fit so what u mean 3 g im so lost please someone help me another member on this site told me to get 01 eclispe springs and it will work fine

3rd generation eclipse: 2000-2004

lol just by reading your question I ran out of breath...

sorry

sorry, i dont really like using the period. but anywazes whats better coil overs or springs.

In the final end its either gonna be coil overs or springs. Coil overs are stiffer then springs but look better due to a bigger drop. BTW Please try to use MS Werd from now on before you post.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

A little help from someone who's done the search work.

Im in the process of getting (buying) my set up.

KYB AGX struts and shocks ( though more expensive then the GR2s they give you the ability to adjust them to preference.)
    3rd generation eclipse: 2000-2004 fit our cars

As for springs
    Like many who have posted good resuslt = Teins made for 8Gs they sit lower then Eibachs

Good luck
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

just get TEIN BASICs and call it a day.

It all comes down to what you want out of lowering your car. Just for looks, looks and a little performance, performance.....

I have the Tein S-Tech springs and Kyb GR-2's...AKA a drop on a budget. I would love to have a set of Tein coilovers but it's just not in the budget right now.

If you really want some advice on what setup to go with try looking at the Your suspension setup thread to see what everyone else has and what they think of it.[/url]

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

Oops

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    DDOOUUBBLLEE PPOOSSTT.

If money is not an option the Tein Coilover Basic. But if your not looking to spend $1000 Tein or Eibachs springs & KYB GR2's or KYB AGX are the way to go.