The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 100 of 100
    Kwiksix
    Hey what's up fellas,my laptop has a mind of it's own right now.
    Had to come to work to get on-line.
    ED i'm doin 8.5.1 compression,ported exhaust manifolds and the whole bit
    you know how that goes!!!
    I'm waiting on word about the uni-chip on our platform,Ross wants to keep the bb exclusive to his kit for now.
    I think the big event at E-town is may 3-4.I dont know if the motor will be broken in by then? ...............I sure hope so!
    If I cant run we'll still meet up there right?!

SuperchargedGTZ
    you got it

My99GTZ

Cost?

Okay I'm really interested in this S/C setup you guys have going... I E-Mailed RIPP but I havent' gotten a response yet, like they said they're busy guys... but I was wonderin what you guys threw down for $$ on getting this all done? I'm really looking foward to checkin out your setup GTZ27 at the CT Meet.....

Ive thrown down about over four grand for the kit and trans cooler. That doesnt include installation.

Its funny, I could have really used this money for taxes since I owe big time, but after driving my galant to the post office tonight to drop off my taxes, I really can't wait to get the kit.
    Love,
    Matt

congratulations matt, i hope that evrything works out for you perfect man.
    May I ask who is going to do the install for you man?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Thanks Martin,

Trevtec is going to be doing the install.

They specialize in working with Mitsus.
    Love,
    Matt

Well, now that we have all the cash saved up that we needed to buy my wifes new car(03 maxima titanium package paid in full) the SDS is on the radiar. right now I've got cash set back for RPW headers and the OEM hood if that goes through and I'm putting back 4 grand ASAP for the SDS. I don't know if I'll run it without rebuilding the motor and tranny first but who knows. I'm also rebuilding the motor and tranny in my little 95 dodge neon so I can park the G-ride and not drive it daily any more! WOO HOO!

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Sweet I hope you get the kit, it will be nice to have more of us.
    Love,
    Matt

trevtec is good man:)
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Eddie,
    I talked to Ross today and he is going to send me the BB for the stratus to see how it works. I don't anticipate any problems running the BB for the Stratus, he is confident that it will work. I need to do some homework on the intercooler.
    Love,
    Matt

I hope that BB for the Stratus works for you Matt.
    About the intercooler issue are you planning on getting a diff front bumper or are you just gonna get the same size intercooler that Martin has?
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Probably same as Martin, I am keeping the same bumper. I have to see how much room we have under there.
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    matt,

did you remove the metal bar on the front of the car to install the kit. what intercooler do you plan on going with? are you going to use the intercooler kit that RIPP is going to make soon?

GOODLUCK

I did remove my front bar, do you anticipate any problems? I havent dont much homework with the intercooler so I need to do some research and talk to dj galant to find out what will fit under there and which is best. I talked to Ross about his kit coming out but I told him I would find something locally and he agreed that would be best.
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    well the problem is trying to mount the intercooler without having that bar there. But also, you wanna be careful, because that bar does have alot of rigidity properties keeping the car sturdy. Also, not having the bar there, and getting into a car accident, the issurance will F@#$ U. I did take my bar off when i had my front on. Since i took it off for the winter, i am not sure that i will put it back again. I would like to find a way to put the kit on but keep that bar.

escoson
    rite now im a bunch of group buys at a estimated $1300.00 once i get all that stuff taken care of im going to lower the car and do a nice suspension setup and stb's. that should run me about 5-600$. then im gonna start saving for the sc kit for the i4. i think im going to be buying the sc kit sometime between december 03 and january 04. its about 10 months from now. but if i get my raise in a few weeks i will be looking at getting the sc kit sometime between august and september of this year . my car only has 9200+ miles so i figure i mite as well break it in a little more and then do the heavy engine work (ripp sc, headers, pistons, cams, pulleys, etc... im so syked about getting this kit and im real happy for everyone who has it and who is getting it. excuse my language but fuck all the haters that look at galants and are like "wtf is wrong with people and these sedans". some people tell me i have 2 doors to many but when im running them like a hookers panty hose there gonna shit there pants.

Amen.
    Love,
    Matt

galant215

Rookie needs help

[b][i]HEY ROSS
    HELP ME OUT! I HAVE A 2001 GALANT 2.4L ES....PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST OF THINGS I CAN DO TO MAKE MY GALANT SUPERCHARGED AND A LIST OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED! THANKX

They make a I4 kit for the Galant. Check out the thread under this topic.
    Love,
    Matt

Damn, how far back did he go to find this thread? Although I guess it just goes to show the power of the search tool...good job man :thumbsup:
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345