The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need datalogging solution

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Moosh

Need datalogging solution

Hey guys, I am not sure if this is the proper forum to post this but it seems like the place that will probably get me the best advice. I need an inexpensive datalogging solution. The pocketlogger has what I need but that costs like $175..... a lot more than I want to spend. Does anyone know where I can buy an OBDII cable to hook up to my Sony Clie and some freeware datalogging software that will do the job? If not, are there any other recommendations you guys have that might save me a lot of money or is the pocketlogger solution the only one? Let me know. Thanks

Moosh

I think you're saving some money w/ just the clie right now if you could have spend a couple of more hundreds, you could have bought a nice laptop slightly use or I know some Gateway laptops starts like $ 350.
    For the OBDII check the DSM website on their For sale/ Trade thread.
    Nice proj. coming up by the way with all the 2G swaps
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Experienced TGC Member
    Dont get a laptop that blows. A palm you can get the clip to mount it up on your vents so you can see what you want to see while u drive, while a laptop you have to look down at the seat and risk hitting a wall or small child

I have a laptop obd2 only because apparently they dont make software/cable for WinCE devices and thats what I got a PocketPC...Besides you can pick up a palm for $40 bucks on ebay I got my wire from www.obd-2.com but its for laptop only.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon