The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 100
    RIPPMODS

RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Hello, my name is Ross Esposito, and I own RIPP Modifications Inc. in Staten Island, NY.

Recently, We had a customer drop off a GTZ having seen our work, he wanted us to Supercharge it.

We have completed and are selling a very successful SDS (Supercharger Drive System) program for the V6 3.0 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which bolts on 135hp and 100whp. We are now working on the 4 cyl mitsubishi Galant and Eclipse. In the intrume we had this customer with his GTZ. He explained to us that there is a buch of guys unable to find Viable performance mods out there.

We were recently featured in Turbo Magazine in the november issue on page 68 With our 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T kit:
    http://www.spiketrap.com/stratus/turbomag/

The link send you to our Web site:
    www.rippmods.com

This to our products page : http://rippmods.com/products/produc...es&productId=72

The kit will fit all 6cyl 6G72 powered cars, and with the exception of two steps. is a smooth install. We do however provide you with a different tune FOR THE AFR.

If you have any questions or need info please let me know

Regards
    Rippmods
    718-442-4723
    www.rippmods.com
    If speed kills... do brakes give life?

I want one!! I have sent you an email a few weeks back but never did get a response. I have the cash and I have found a speedshop locally in LV to install it. I would want to the same tranny cooler that the GTZ has. Whats the total price with the SDS system and the tranny cooler?

Thanks
    Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Kwiksix
    Ross I have been following you on the 3g boards and to everyone on here I can tell you the people that work at ripp are great I had problems with my turbo and they gave me advice even though it's the competitions product.
    I also saw whiteknights car at drt ross ,before his new swap very,very impresive.

SuperchargedGTZ
    ALL....get this kit if you have the means. I didnt really have the means but i got it anyways. so far my car is running SICK. i love the boost. it is soooooooooooo addictive. Ross and his group are a great GROUP and they really know what they are talking about. just call and talk to Ross and you will see what i mean. i have never met someone who is so enthusiastic about cars, and especially OUR engines. put it this way....i went to a BMW meet today with all sorts of new M3s and guess what....they were all looking at my engine.

00GTZ00
    I am currently trying to save up for one of those bad boys!!!

I don't guess you guys have run an emmissions test on this thing yet
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

SuperchargedGTZ
    actually Ross passed his for NYC emissions. he said all is you have to do is just make some changes on the afr and then you are all set. i know for a fact that right now i will now way pass. my car is running super rich and i already burnt a cat out.

mitsgalantes01
    Thats pretty expensive, could there be a possiblity of a group buy on this supercharger?

mitsgalantes01
    How much is an install of one of those?

I have found most places are going to charge about 1000 for the install. I have a guy locally in Vegas that if i purchase the kit and it is truly bolt on and no other parts are needed it should run around 400.

GTZ are you running an intercooler with this kit?

I have the money now and can purchase it, but I want to see if any problems develop and to make sure all the kinks are worked out first.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    i am currently not running an intercooler or aftercooler with this setup. Ross is working on a stage 2 kit that will include an intercooler and a different pulley but i dont think they are close to releasing it yet. i am curently running what the kit came setup as and have no intention of increasing boost until i put new piston heads in. our engines are good except for the pistons themselves. whitenight from club3g started messin with his BOV and was running at higher boosts and he blew a piston. i saw the piston and it was not pretty. so basically if you get this kit, dont mess with it. it comes with everything that you need and is a direct bolt on. there where no serious modifications or other details that needed to sorted out.

Keep in mind that headers are NOW A MUST. our stock exhaust manifolds are only capable of 800CFM and the blower puts like 1500CFM on top of that ( I am not sure about those numbers) but you get the picture. so add that to the cost. and yes it was expensive. hopefully i will be able pay this off in a year hehe.

paco
    ROSS

I am waiting for the superharger for the I4 to be released, but in the mean time I want more power out of my car, Are the RPW headers a good set up to go with your supercharger kit????

Kwiksix
    Ross you also need to let these guys here know about the Rippchip for the
    v-6 ecu!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco)</div><div class='quotemain'>ROSS

I am waiting for the superharger for the I4 to be released, but in the mean time I want more power out of my car, Are the RPW headers a good set up to go with your supercharger kit????</div>

Good question since I am running the RPW headers as well. There should be no problems with running RPW headers though. As long as they are not the stock headers as GTZ quoted.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

RIPPMODS
    Nice This I like: Great questions!

The RPW headers will work just fine

Headers of some sort are a MUST. The Stock manifolds only flow 750cfm in one given strock. The 5psi the SDS delivers over 1750cfm.

No extra Mods will need to be done

No intercooler is needed to run SDS because 5 psi does not heat air on a SC as with a turbo

More boost is not an option without internals, But trust us 250+WHP is all there. Thats like Camaro SS HP

There is a 1 year warranty on the kit.

We provide you with a tech line and all the customer support you need.

Most installs cost from $650- 950 depending on your shops labor rate

4CYL Kit is in the works, we have a test 4 banger being worked on as we speak.

Keep them coming guys, we are here for you.

Ross
    Rippmods

TGC Regular
    any chances you guys are gona expand into the turbo area with these engines or are you gona stick with the super charging? and also what kind of hp gaines can we expect for the super charger setup for the 4 cyl supercharger?
    - Atba

RIPPMODS
    We should start the 4cyl tread seprate. No turbo on this application. The internals of these engines are very soft. They don't like the back pressure associated with boost. The SC will out perform the turbo in terms of being efficent and safe.

Our program works together as a package and is matched to the engins ability to move air. We flow the engine and add the nessesary CFM and fuel to make the ADDed HP. Not just simpley add boost and go. Our program will prove to make HP and be safe. Because remeber a more powerful broken engine in NO fun at ALL.

Rippmods

Welcome to The Galant Center, Ross.

I got one question for you. When are you going to start a group buy? (wouldn't be a bad idea having it on all boards that support the 6G72 engine)

But seriously, that is one damn fine looking piece of work you created. I love that SC. It's too bad I would have to take it out in order to pass the visual during a smog inspection (unless you know of another way around).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RIPPMODS)</div><div class='quotemain'>No extra Mods will need to be done</div>

So you don't need any stronger pistons or any engine rework?

What about a wider exhaust piping? (like 2 1/2 to 3")

00GTZ00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RIPPMODS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice This I like: Great questions!

The RPW headers will work just fine

Headers of some sort are a MUST. The Stock manifolds only flow 750cfm in one given strock. The 5psi the SDS delivers over 1750cfm.

No extra Mods will need to be done

More boost is not an option without internals, But trust us 250+WHP is all there. Thats like Camaro SS HP

Keep them coming guys, we are here for you.

Ross
    Rippmods</div>

Not to be a stickler but 250 hp is NOT like a SS camaro. The LT1 SS is closer but it will still dyno at 260ish RWHP the new Mustang GT will dyno 240-250 RWHP and the 1998-2002 Camaro SS,Z28, Transam will dyno 300+ RWHP

again sorry for being so nit picky....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast