The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 100
    SuperchargedGTZ
    if you dont think 250whp is is HUGE difference than you havent felt this SC. You really have to feel it. I have yet to loose a race.

cars i have beaten

330ci (manual)
    wrx
    3000gtVR4
    kompressor
    rustangs V8
    and some ricers (not really a big deal)

also keep in mind. the blower is only running at a 1/5 of its potential @ 5 psi. due the internals and run around 9 psi you are up around 330 whp. then traction becomes the issue.

00GTZ00
    I'm not saying it's not a huge differance. hell I I could get 250 dynoed hp It would be a about 100 hp more I would LOVE THAT!! ( I am still trying to find a way to buy the SC)

I was just saying that the Camaro SS, Z28 and TA dyno way higher then 250 hp and that a Mustang GT is a better Car to compair a SC galant to...

RIPPMODS
    You will not need to replace any internals to bolt on the 100WHP. The kit is designed around the engines ability to move air. We did our math right and got our tune on point and the car will safely take 4-6psi and make the HP.

The problem is more traction than power. We are working on getting a Limited slip diff in there.

We have installed a 4 row Trans cooler and a trans temp gauge. GTZ27's car has been holding up strong, time will tell. We fel the trans fels stronger than the sporty in the GT's.

Rippmods

Hell, 50 more hp to the wheels the first time you stomp on it your gonna think you got rear ended... I will say that I would be happy with 250whp any day of the week. A limited slip diff would be a wonderful thing. I thought there was a company working on one already? I would probably put in a L10 torque converter too anything to get more power from the crank to the ground.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, 50 more hp to the wheels the first time you stomp on it your gonna think you got rear ended... I will say that I would be happy with 250whp any day of the week. A limited slip diff would be a wonderful thing. I thought there was a company working on one already? I would probably put in a L10 torque converter too anything to get more power from the crank to the ground.

Wes</div>

Not 50 more, but 100 more hp to the wheels. Remember the V6's only have like 148 hp to the wheels stock.

I want this kit so bad, but even though I have the money, I'm finding it very hard to justify spending that much money on my car. Well, not really the money for the SC, but the money for the body kit, new rims, CF hood and other things I already bought on top of the price for the SC. Come this spring I'll have a decision to make.

Hey Rippmods, how long would you need the car to install the SC since you have already done it on a V6 Galant already?

RIPPMODS
    We only need the car for 2 days. The headers will be needed. to run the kit safley.

Labor will be: $950.00 + 250 for headers no charge for the motor mount.

Rippmods

Very impressive Ross; great job and gotta thank GTZ27 for being the first Galant to break into new territories with the SDS. Awesome price too; probably the most bang for the buck after N2O but much better and safer for the engine and everything else. Looks like all you need are L10 tranny upgrade and torque converter and some nice fat tires to put all of that to the ground.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

00GTZ00
    Ripp -

Just wondering if their will ever be an option to buy the kit part by part?

BEAST
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*Not to be a stickler but 250 hp is NOT like a SS camaro. The LT1 SS is closer but it will still dyno at 260ish RWHP the new Mustang GT will dyno 240-250 RWHP and the 1998-2002 Camaro SS,Z28, Transam will dyno 300+ RWHP

again sorry for being so nit picky.... </div>

Well either way that is pretty damn close, plus imagine the hp to weight ratio. I don't know exactly how much the 8g galant weigh but our 7gs only weigh about 2900 at the max and that is much lighter than any car with a LT1 in it. So I would imagine that our supercharged vs. thier LT1 they would get smoked any day, that is if we can get that traction.

BEAST
    Hey Ross, do you have any 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times yet? Also I looked on your website and it said that you were working on a sc for the 7g right? It said for the galant 95 and up but did you mean the 94 galant and up because that is what I have and it is exactly the same as the 95-98s. How far are you guys in this process. Thanks, BEAST.

Gilhuly
    Ross,

What size are the RIPP/AMSS Headers?

RIPPMODS
    Size?

they have a few options the AMSS don't have. They are fully ceramic coated and flow the boost alittle easier.

Right!... 94 and up is the correct years of Galants we are working on. We just test fitted a major CNC mounting braket that will fit in between the current Alt bravket and the block. This piece will also hold the Idle pulley that will power the SC. We are about 8 weeks behind schedual. But working strongly.

We are also working on teh Black box for these cars. I will make another post on this when I have more info.

Rippmods

00GTZ00
    Beast - Yes an 8G Vs an (unmodifyed) LT1 F-body would be close. from a roll I would say that the 8G would take the f-body till we hit 130, then the F-body would pass us ( they will do 145+) In the 1/4 mile if traction is not a problem we should be able to take an Unmodifyed LT1

SuperchargedGTZ
    Ross.....I know I talk to you about everyday but here is a good question. Not that we know that the front runners do not flow as much air as the rear runners, do you think that they are sufficient enough to run the kit safely. I know that you are designing a new intake manifold that will have a bigger plenum to fix this problem but will it be a necessity to upgrade my manifold after this goes into production??

I did receive the new cat yesterday in the mail Ross and my appt. for the dyno is at 2.00pm on Saturday. I will give the shop your number this way they can call you when we are going through the afr.

I will post my results on saturday folks.

Gilhuly
    I'm sorry Ross,
    I was asking about pipe diameter for the headers and whether this application is larger than the 2.25" stock size.

RIPPMODS
    Hey guys, great questions. I really like how you guys are looking at this. I made the GT/RT guys promise me that we were going to try to get the their cars out of the Stereo magazines and into the Turbo magazines. So keep the power and tech questions coming.

The 2.5" collector is not the problem, the stock manifold have to be removed. The collector at 2.5 is fine. It goes into the Cat at 2.5

The stock intake manifold has not posed a problem as of yet at these low boost settings. The problem will be evident at higher boost levels when we are looking for big HP numbers and correct flow will be critical.

Although once finished we should be able to sneak extra HP from the 5-6 psi settings.

We just finished the pulley system that will produce 7-8 psi on the Automatic cars (when built up) All these findings are important because the 5SPD and the Auto cars react differently. The 5SPD cars make Boost easier. The auto needs an extra Crank pulley.

More info as it comes great question guys.

For the record. A stock internal sporty Mitsu GT. running the SDS from 5-10 MPH has (several times) beat a Camaro SS with a Hotchkis Traction system and a full Borla exhaust system. We've also had the opportunity to race other Big displacement cars with similar results.

We have yet to have a good day at the track. We make the power you make it go down the track. GTZ27 has seen how busy we get and are at the shop, having spent some time with us. We want to finish the product line first and then get it to the track.

Rippmods

Never a dumb question Info is Info, we got you need it ask!

Ross

SuperchargedGTZ
    thanks Ross

one more day till i get dynoed.

Have you taken the Galant out to the track since you got this kit. Thats what I am interested in.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    no track times as of yet. the car is still running lean at the top end (6400 rpm) about 13.7 and now that it is winter up here in CT i have the stock tires back on, and traction is a joke. my car is going to be getting the BB REALLY soon and get re-tuned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast