The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 100
    Lost_Galant
    I am saving up right now!!! Can't wait. I totalled my 99 galant ESV6 2 wks ago and just bought a 01 ESV6 2 days ago. I'm just finishing up trading out all the parts, but in time I WILL HAVE THIS SUPERCHARGER 8) :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
    Size?

they have a few options the AMSS don't have. They are fully ceramic coated and flow the boost alittle easier.

Right!... 94 and up is the correct years of Galants we are working on. We just test fitted a major CNC mounting braket that will fit in between the current Alt bravket and the block. This piece will also hold the Idle pulley that will power the SC. We are about 8 weeks behind schedual. But working strongly.

We are also working on teh Black box for these cars. I will make another post on this when I have more info.

Rippmods
    Sorry if I'm a bit slow :? But did you guys just say that the SC will be made for the 94-98 Galant as well? A reverse model of the 8g SC? hmmm
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

GTZ,
    Have you taken her out to the track yet? I am still waiting.

Also are you still having problems running lean/rich? How is the tranny holding up?
    What additional mods have you done since you had the SDS put on? I have concerns over getting the SDS then having to nickel and dime here and there. The next thing I will have spent 7000 on the thing.

Ross, you mentioned that there is a black box that is coming out. How are you doing on that? You also mentioned with the addition of the black box, the price might be slightly lower, have you determined that yet?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    no track times yet...not until spring/summer....dont forget over here on the east coast we have winter and arent as fortunate as you with the weather.....we has some serious snow this past week and driving my car around is rediculuous. between being lowered and having the AMSS/RIPP headers my O2 sensors hang mad low.

no black box yet....Ross and I schelduled my car for mid Jan. he is still doing some beta testing under normal driving conditions (he is such a perfectionist) with some other cars.

from what i can tell my tranny is alright. have never had temps above 180F, but i do think i am experiencing some slippage but not sure. it could be also due to the severe lack of traction.

i will update mid jan. and my car should be better tuned than

Has anyone else bought the SDS for the V6? I've got the money and I am ready to roll. I just want more feedback as to how the engine is holding up.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Has anyone else bought the SDS for the V6? I've got the money and I am ready to roll. I just want more feedback as to how the engine is holding up.
    matt,, i dont think anyone else got S/C on the V6.. but i do know 1, memeber from NJ CHapter has S/C on his I4..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Kho,

How is it holding up, any problems yet? Who has it?
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kho,

How is it holding up, any problems yet? Â*Who has it?</div>

umm i never seen it in person,, but they have it posted on www.tgcnj.com umm i will find out more when i go to A/C Meet,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

I am going to give Ross a call this week to place my order for the SDS. After going in to buy the EVO something just clicked in my head that said. "Ya know, everyone knows the EVO is going to kick ass, but nobody expects the Galant to kick ass". So I am going to keep the Galant and fix it up and make it one of the fastest Galants on TGC. I'll keep you all posted.
    Love,
    Matt

Smokin

yo

Aye im lookin to get mine supercharged matt let me know the price when you orders yours ok.

Trevor at trevtec is going to do my install. He contacted Ripp and he is going to be the retailer for the Las Vegas area. Should be pretty sweet, and he is making me a good deal on the install. Should run a little over 4Gs with install. I talked to Cody today from Ripp and he said that the kit is backordered right now and wont be available for a few weeks. So if you are gonna make your order Twan, get it in now, then when it becomes available, it can ship right away.
    Love,
    Matt

By that time you can have the black box installed along w/ it & then after the install you can give them a run on the speedway!
    Trevtech got some bad ass cars.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

SuperchargedGTZ
    well my car is there right now getting fitted with the BB. I am not sure how Ross is going to tackle this yet because this is the first one he has put on our cars. I know that they have already done a FULL AUTO Dodge Stratus, but they havent done our car yet. He should be putting it on today I think. I will call RIPP today and see how it is going.

Keep me posted on how the BB fits, also let Ross know that he needs to start getting one ready for me.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>well my car is there right now getting fitted with the BB. Â*</div>
    ok whats BB,, i am losttt

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

SuperchargedGTZ
    BB = Black Box; this is RIPP mods version of fuel manangement. this unit is a piggy back system that acts like a stand alone. this unit can manage all air/fuel and timing of the engine. this unit comes from RIPP pre-programmed and all settings are set. This unit was tuned for a every different car on the dyno with a lap top. This unit allowed RIPP to retard the timing on the cars and keep the A/F ratios in a safe range. the afr that came with the kit just wasnt cuttin it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>BB = Black Box; this is RIPP mods version of fuel manangement. Â*this unit is a piggy back system that acts like a stand alone. Â*this unit can manage all air/fuel and timing of the engine. Â*this unit comes from RIPP pre-programmed and all settings are set. Â*This unit was tuned for a every different car on the dyno with a lap top. Â*This unit allowed RIPP to retard the timing on the cars and keep the A/F ratios in a safe range. Â*the afr that came with the kit just wasnt cuttin it.</div>

oh ok so its like Stand Alone Fuel Management System,, ty for the info,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Kwiksix
    Just came from Ripp today.
    Who ever ordered their kits should be getting them soon.
    I think Ross is just waiting on a couple parts.

sweet, im ready for mine.
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    Kwiksix,

Where have you been? havent been postin in a while?

Did you see my car at RIPP? I wanna know what is going on, cause I really didnt have a change to talk to Ross today. PM with anything that you saw

Thanks

How is the car runnin?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast