The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 100
    I talked to Ross today and he is a very cool guy. He broke down the kit for me and gave me the history of how he developed the kit and how our engine responds to how the SDS works. After talking to Ross I felt confident of the work that Ripp does. I went ahead and sent out my cashiers check to Ripp today so hopefully within a few weeks I will supercharged.
    Love,
    Matt

Senior TGC Member
    Only thing stopping me from going supercharged is state inspections...I just know they're gonna piss their pants and fail me without going any further down the list.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

SuperchargedGTZ
    Ross is a very cool person. Thats how I got my kit. As soon as you get on the phone with him, your done. Might as well just send him some cash. hehe.

hey gtz27 did u get your car in track yet,, come on man we all want know the time for the 1/4,,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

SuperchargedGTZ
    not yet....i got to break in my engine. i got a built engine by RIPP. it is so tempting to floor it...but no, got to stay under 4K for 1500 miles. i tell you the car feels so smooth with a balanced engine, built heads, forged RIPP pistons stock compression (even though a tad higher) and now 310cc injectors. this is going to take a little to figure these out with the afr that i still have. i havent gotten the Black Box yet, cause we are going to wait for the break in to get done, which is going to take forever cause i live about 2 minutes from work.

DONT WORRY I WILL BE AT THE TRACK ASAP....Englishtown NJ

smoke some shit. but i will tell you that a SDS Dodge Stratus full auto ran a 14.2 last week with the RIPP setup and black box

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTZ27
    i will tell you that a SDS Dodge Stratus full auto ran a 14.2 last week with the RIPP setup and black box
    That can't be right...I'm running 14.2 with a 75 shot. That's probably a conservative number from RIPP Shoot my brother runs 14.2 in his Altima.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Yeah, I run 14.2 off a 75 shot, you sure its not 13.2?
    Love,
    Matt

Yea it's gotta be. The RIPPS car on club3g is running 13's. He'd do a lot better if he didnt keep breaking traction at the line.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

RIPPMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Yeah, I run 14.2 off a 75 shot, you sure its not 13.2?
    The Stratus ran a 14.167@ 103, WITH A 2.68 60FT TIME. The MPH shows its got 13's in it no problem, its just a matter of car control.

It was also the first time at the track with the car since the SDS and he only got one pass in. He will be back to the track soon.

One of the 3G guys clicked off a 13.2@111 with a 2.78 60FT

Traction is the key its not the power. Power we have, and we can make more power if we need it.
    The SC comes on strong right off the line, so traction is a drastic necessity. These cars become better road race cars than drag racers, which in my opinion is more fun anyway, and if you think about it the Galant was design to be tossed around a road course anyway. With the SC in place the power is so smooth and responsive it may be a perfect mod for road racing.

Just my 2 cents
    Ross
    Rippmods

Ross,

I think adding the slip differential would be an added bonus to obtain traction. I do plan on getting it. Since I spend much time at the track, I think its something that I would need eventually.

Thanks.
    Love,
    Matt

Kwiksix
    Hey ed got the car back already?!!
    My car is down right now getting the motor built up.
    I'm hoping to get 300-350 to the wheels.
    We've got to go to the track together we'll have everyone scratchin their heads!!!!!!!lol

SuperchargedGTZ
    THATS RIGHT

hey kwik.....what are you using for fuel management...afr/afc??

what exactly are you doing for the build?

Ed,

What gauges are you running with this kit other than the trans temp gauge, are you running a boost gauge too?

Thanks.
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    yup,

i got tranny temp, boost and a/f gauge. the a/f gauge doesnt really do that much because of how inaccurate it is, but it is important in giving you a general idea. i would say that it is important.

Also important is once you get the OBD II code reader with the Kit. I think you should upgrade it so you can get real time data

such as o2 sensor reading

air intake temp

yadda, yadda, yadda

please if you have any more questions, just ASK. I think i am as excited as you are because now i finally have someone else on the gboards to compare sds stuff with

SuperchargedGTZ
    hey kwik...do you think you will have the car all set my April 26. there something going on at Englishtown....something like "import survival series or something like that"

i should be going down there then. but i really dont think i will have my motor broken in then.

alright cool,

I have the AF gauge, water temp, oil pressure, volts and nitrous pres.

I need to get the boost and trans temp then. I have my custom bezel that dave bernard made me and I am gonna plug in some lunar series into those.

Ripp should have my check by Friday and I think Ross said he is just waiting on the BOVs, hopefully it should only be a few more days. I am still trying to find time to get the car down to my installer for a few days while he puts the sds system in for me.
    Love,
    Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
    do you have any pics of this bezel? cause i need some more gauges too...like EGT and oil Pressure and i dont know where to put them??

Sure, let me work on that at work today, that will give me something to do.
    Love,
    Matt

ya

ya foo you never have nothing to do. lol you and the homies, M pizzy let me know when you ready to give me that stuff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey kwik...do you think you will have the car all set my April 26. Â*there something going on at Englishtown....something like "import survival series or something like that"

i should be going down there then. Â*but i really dont think i will have my motor broken in then.</div>

OMG. That's gotta be tru, if both of u guys do come thru at Englishtown that day, u'd not only have these cats scratchin' heads but they'll prolly be shitting in there pants w/intimidation and will definetly look at our "family sedan" w/some well deserved respect. Damn.....turbo, sds, all u need is Kemist (8g nossed out), and Fishboy (all motored out) in the festivities and u guys would really turn heads..............damn i gotta save up to get the SDS and damn if U and kwiksix go thru w/Englishtown, i GOTS to see it. I commend all u fellas.
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast