The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18x7.5 with 42mm offset on 225/40-18

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

18x7.5 with 42mm offset on 225/40-18

I've searched a lot but nothing on my offset.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>18x7.5 with 42mm offset on 225/40-18</div>

Just wondering with those specs it should fit the 8G with no problem right? I'm planning to lower on Teins and keep my stock struts for a year or two.

Experienced TGC Member
    ur stocks struts aren't gonna last a year or 2 on tein springs.... Maybe 6-8 months depending on if ur a daily driver and how many miles you already have on ur struts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'>ur stocks struts aren't gonna last a year or 2 on tein springs.... Maybe 6-8 months depending on if ur a daily driver and how many miles you already have on ur struts</div>

how can i put this in Lamens terms......hhmmmmm (IT WON'T WORK)

IF you dont like bouncing, I SUGGEST YOU CHANGE YOUR SHOCKS & STRUTS. take it from someone who is going thru it right now.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

everything is fine and yes the ride will be shitty and bouncy but u shouldnt have rubbing you will definately (2000% sure) not rubb if u get aftermarket shocks and struts
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

just that I wana save some $ now.
    car is still under 20k miles. I plan to do the lowering myself anyways

ull save more by lowering the right way so u dont mess up other suspension components. plus since you have low miles u can sale your oem items for more money and save even more the key to modifying your car is planning and thinking ahead.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

you might also need a camber kit. but you won't know for sure til you lower your car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

tesna
    I also got same spec of rims (18x7.5 with 42 offset), but the difference is the tires are 225/45/18. Would these fits on 8G JDM galants? I got koni shocks and h&r springs on my galant (fronts and rears) right now sitting on stock 15" rims. I got the tires for free, if it doesnt fits, I'll try to exchange it to 225/40/18.

Xska55
    Daymn under 20k, must be nice anyway since your struts are pretty new Im sure you can get away with using them for about or just under a year (I know many who have with no complaints). Some people opt to the spring/strut combo at one time to save on the labor later on when they have to replace the stock struts but since your doing the labor youll already be saving.
    Just remeber to spray everything down with PB blaster especially the front endlinks, it will make the install a whole lot easier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Daymn under 20k, must be nice anyway since your struts are pretty new Im sure you can get away with using them for about or just under a year (I know many who have with no complaints). Some people opt to the spring/strut combo at one time to save on the labor later on when they have to replace the stock struts but since your doing the labor youll already be saving. Â*
    Just remeber to spray everything down with PB blaster especially the front endlinks, it will make the install a whole lot easier.</div>

well yeah when all said and done, I love how my car rides now. lowered without a problem and everything is great

Xska55
    cool, good luck