The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need opinion from those who know their sh*t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    I would love to buy the megan racing manifold but I plan on going with an external wastegate and sadly I have no experience with welding so I would be afraid I would mess up and be throwing away the 300 bucks if I tried adding one myself. The next closest I have found is the Slowboy tubular manifold for like 400.

*On a side note, the 8g galants have the engine oriented 180 degrees opposite from the 7g so part of that price comes from having to fabricate the piece without any sort of template to work with.(At least to the best of my knowledge, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)
    even if the engine is on the opposite side the manifolds still bolt right up.

DSM/EVO 4G63T and 8G/7G 4G64 have the same bolt pattern for the exhaust manifold/header
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Right but I was under the impression that if you used the 2G 4g63T manifolds you would have to remove the A/C on 8g's and Tearstone's manifolds allow you to keep it :?:

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Right but I was under the impression that if you used the 2G 4g63T manifolds you would have to remove the A/C on 8g's and Tearstone's manifolds allow you to keep it :?:
    yes, I believe thats true. You don't have to necessarily take the A/C off, just get a custom downpipe to go around the A/C. Personally, with my turbo project, I'm taking the A/C off. I dont really need it, thats what I got windows for. lol.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ac

its not hard to get a downpipe there but the ac lines need to be bent a little to make soome room. The kind of bend it needs will not require too much but i doubt u can get a custom one made without moving the lines.. The lines need to be bent and there is enough clearance for a 2.5 in downpipe.. 3in is another story but i think its still somehow possible.. I would keep the ac and if i dunno but doesnt the defroster work with the ac also??
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

when i bought the megan racing manifold, i too wanted external wastegate so i just drilled a hole in the header, and welding a pipe with the wastegate flange onto the header. although it does infact take a lot of experience to do something like that, its DEFINATLY alot cheaper. if anyone wants to do that, ill be glad to help, or even weld it for you really cheap. i have all the equipment at home. ill probably do it for like 30 bucks plus the cost of shipping. pm me if u want to know anything else
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12