The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need opinion from those who know their sh*t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Need opinion from those who know their sh*t

I have been on the market to start collecting parts for my turbo build and stumbled across this and was wondering for those who know would this be a good starting point. The guy or company's feedback is good but seem like I remember reading somewhere on the boards someone had listed a few names not to buy from, but I can find that post. So here is the link let me get some feedback from you guys and let me know. Also does the price seem pretty fair for what is included if this happens to be a good starting point.I also might add this is going on a 2002 ES 4cyl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1g-2g-dsm-e...072624483QQrdZ1

when a kit is that cheap and *NEW* id be very careful... worst case senerio.. your manifold cracks disconnecting from the turbo causing the turbo to break under pressure, then anything else can happen.. get legit stuff... u get what you pay for. 8)
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The gaskets and manifold and the other misc stuff are worth the purchase. Turbo's though....I would kinda step back from. "Ebay Turbos" that are cheap...doesn't equate to something I would trust.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

even the manifold tho in the pic looks like it has been welded poorly... gaskets awesome, but the mani def leaves me worried... turbo def keep back frmo ebay branded guys iwth their kits... and make sure if you wanna do internal wastegate or seperate...
    Diego

Tearstone
    That looks like a Chinese setup for sure which means it's always a gamble on how long it's going to last.

Just to let you guys know we offer the log style manifolds and the tubular manifolds for the 8Gs for sale by themselves if you guys are interested.

How much for the tubular by itself russ

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much for the tubular by itself russ</div>

$650, it also comes with a 38mm external wastegate flange and T3 flange.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    their tubular manifold is strong too, i've had it on my car now for almost 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Will it be polished like that? And would there be anyway to buy the prebent intercooler piping for the 4cyl. by itself?

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will it be polished like that? And would there be anyway to buy the prebent intercooler piping for the 4cyl. by itself?</div>

That's ceramic coated actually. We have a full intercooler kit that works with that manifold for $1299, that comes with the intercooler, couplers and hose clamps

Sweet! Russ you have PM

Alright guys I am thinking of goin with the turbo I have selected all the extra options that I want so let me know what you guys have to say about it. Good/Bad and what not. Also can anyone tell me or verify this would bolt up to the tubular Tearstone manifold. Thanks guys

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=9...42-1841,43-1845

That turbo or the same extras I selected on there 60 trim turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    thats a decent price, but what manifold are you using? They charge extra for "port work" on the turbine side, but thats mostly if your using a mitsu manifold and O2 housing, if your going external gate, im guessing your either buying the slowboy manifold too or getting a tubular one. If you have enough money, I would stick to the tubular manifold and get a full garret turbo with a T3 turbine flange, no need to mess with a mitsu one, then worry about porting and blah blah blah. Dont get me wrong, the slowboy manifold for the mitsu turbo is really nice, but tubular(equal length) will flow much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks man. I will be going with the Tearstone tubular manifold

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'>That looks like a Chinese setup for sure which means it's always a gamble on Â*how long it's going to last. Â*

Just to let you guys know we offer the log style manifolds and the tubular manifolds for the 8Gs for sale by themselves if you guys are interested.</div>

is it possible to get the log style for the I4 with a mitsu style flange instead of a t3?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'>That looks like a Chinese setup for sure which means it's always a gamble on Â*how long it's going to last. Â*

Just to let you guys know we offer the log style manifolds and the tubular manifolds for the 8Gs for sale by themselves if you guys are interested.</div>

is it possible to get the log style for the I4 with a mitsu style flange instead of a t3?</div>

You bet! I just now posted this item up now as a sale item:

4G64 Turbo Log Style Manifold

You got Email Tear.

wait, did they say just a manifold for $650!!! there on crack. i can get that stainless tubeing for $12 a foot. theres only maybe about $100 worth of material there, including flanges(if there thick, and if they made thick beads). i dont know where there getting there numbers from but someones making alot of money..... http://www.dsmparts.com/customer/pro...27&page=1#tabs (go here, this is where i got mine, its a little more realistic...)
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Experienced TGC Member
    Its to turbocharge a vehicle with a gasket alone. :P

Anyways, DIY FTW!

I would love to buy the megan racing manifold but I plan on going with an external wastegate and sadly I have no experience with welding so I would be afraid I would mess up and be throwing away the 300 bucks if I tried adding one myself. The next closest I have found is the Slowboy tubular manifold for like 400.

*On a side note, the 8g galants have the engine oriented 180 degrees opposite from the 7g so part of that price comes from having to fabricate the piece without any sort of template to work with.(At least to the best of my knowledge, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast