The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay Drifter Kit / Erac1ng

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    phizz2k

Ebay Drifter Kit / Erac1ng

To those who have this , What crash bar did you use? Or if you cut your oignal what part of the crash bar did you guys cut off?. Iam installimg ths kit myself and have everything on but would feel better if I could get a crash bar in there.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have the eRacing crash bar that was made to fit the bumper. I no longer have the bumper, but still use the crash bar with my stock bumper since I threw out the old.

When Maz installed his JDM bumper(about the same clearance as the "Drift"), he used a crash bar from a mid 90s(I think) Honda Accord. Might want to look into it.
    7g for life!

phizz2k
    Thanks Seth, I'll Look into it.

when i was doing some research on a crash bar for this kit i was told some sellers create them so they fit perfectly with the stock crashbar.i dunno just what i heard.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i had the modified crashbar from erac1ng. however, i think there's some extra room for a steel bar or something. ain't going to make a huge difference, but every little bit helps.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

phizz2k
    Peano you said had? Just curious do you still have it or are using something else?

if anything I think Iam go to the junkyard tomorrow, and see if I can find anything that will fit better...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    sorry i still have everything
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    well the guy that did my paint and body work did not install the crash bumper. It has held up fine for over a year without it. It's actually pretty thin, and don't know if it would help all that much in a front end collision.

I say just upgrade your brakes and don't hit anything head first

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>I say just upgrade your brakes and don't hit anything head first Â*</div>
    lol, i have to agree. i dont have a crashbar either no brake upgrade yet
    :shock: i better get on that...

Been thinking about getting one. Do they bolt up, 3m, etc. Amen to blue Ice
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

phizz2k
    Well I couldn't find anything that would fit in the junkyard without modifcation for a good price.

So I went back to my original crash bar and kept cutting untill I could get it in there. I got it on now and I took a couple of pictures, I'll load them later tonight but I think its bigger than the eracing crash bar, and its way better than nothing at all.

Ohh yea what type of break upgradde do you guys do... calipers from a 3000gt or diamante or something?

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I couldn't find anything that would fit in the junkyard without modifcation for a good price.

So I went back to my original crash bar and kept cutting untill I could get it in there. I got it on now and I took a couple of pictures, I'll load them later tonight but I think its bigger than the eracing crash bar, and its way better than nothing at all.

Ohh yea what type of break upgradde do you guys do... calipers from a 3000gt or diamante or something?</div>

click my www.

Brake upgrade, i have done;
    rear drum to disk
    crossdrilled rotors
    and SS brake lines.

Would do big brake upgrade, prob Brembo, or Wilwood.

I did 5 lug conversion so finding a big brake upgrade for my car will be as easy as finding one for Eclipse GST. That's the whole reason i converted to 5 lug, now my brake options for 2G Eclipse are far more than they were for 7gen Galant.

phizz2k
    Well untill I get to the brake upgrade, here is what I did with the factory bar.

I cut the crash Bar In half or 2.5in from the top. Then I cut Off the ends and cut deep into the carshbar so that I was able to drill a few screws down into the lip of the steel brackets.

Question about the brake upgrade, Can I just upgrade the calipers or do I have to go with the five lugs as well. I have universal 18in rims now but don't want to risk them not fitting If I do the conversion.

Here are a few pics...

If all you wanted to do was swap rear drum to disc, then no you don't need to go 5 lug.
    If you went with GSX dual piston calipers on front, i'm not too sure if you'll need to get a bigger rotor.

Bigger rotor is where having a 5 lug will be easier for options. I'm pretty sure most GST after market calipers will bolt up fine, it's just finding the larger rotors to fit them in a 4 lug application.

Most companies make sure they have parts for eclipse, but as you will find out, not too many companies are rushin out to make stuff for 7gen Galant.

And in paraphrasing a Grip video " One of the upgrades you also want to do is swap 4 lug to 5 lug. More lugs to hold the wheels to the car when transferring power form the engine to the wheel."... or something to that effect

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    5 lug conversion offers you a few things.

1. Better wheel options, some companys only make certain wheels in 5 lug.

2. Better rotor options. There are no 4lug big brake kits that I am aware of that will fit the 7g.

3. You have to do the 5 lug swap if you want to run awd
    7g for life!

Proto
    you do need larger rotors for dual piston fronts. plain and simple.