The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: injectors..

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

injectors..

whats a good cheap place to get me some 440cc injectors for my v6?? places i see are expenive or only had 4 or 8, dont carry 6... and, how hard is it to change injectors on the G?>
    Diego

try tearstone? i kno they sell those
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    If I were you I just buy 2 sets of dsm 450cc and sell the other 2 injectors to someone else that need them. You could find 2 sets for about $100.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

TEARSTONE HAS EM....but make sure you get the injector clips too

i dunno havent had much luck with tearstone, emnails dont go through, pms dont go through, and when they do hes seling everything as a kit.... i need the clips and everything? dsm ones tho, will they hook up to my harness no questions asked.. plug and play? whats a good place to get these 100 bucks dsm ones..?
    Diego

As far as the injectors that Tearstone sells, they are Bosch injectors, that have been modified to fit our engine, so that part is plug and play. Yeah, make sure you get the clips for them as they most likely wont fit the OEM connectors - the clips have to be soldered in.

You sould also pick up a set of new o-rings from the dealer, and top and bottom insulators for each injector (12 total).

Bosch 440 on left, OEM on right:

As for installation, off the top of my head:

You would need to let your car sit for a bit to let the fuel pressure go down, and maybe even purge some fuel by pulling the fuel pump fuse, and starting the car for a bit.

Then you remove the plenium. Once that is off, you can unbolt the fuel rail and pull it off with the injectors - have a rag handy as FUEL WILL SPILL OUT. Note the orientation of the injectors, as you will want the new ones pointing in the same directions (with the clip connector out)

Put the o-rings on the top part of the new injectors and lubricate with a bit of clean engine oil, but dont get any on the inside of the injector. Then put the black insulators on the top and bottom of the injector, and plug the new injector into the fuel rail. The injector should be able to twist in the rail - if it doesn't the o-ring may have binded.

Reinstall the fuel rail with new injectors. When bolting the fuel rail back in, the new injectors are taller than the OEM ones, so you will need to use a spacer and longer bolts (should be included with the Tearstone ones, but you should verify this).

As for the connector clips, you need to cut the old ones off, and solder on the new clips. The rear ones are easy, as you just unclip the harness, but the front ones I did directly on the car. Butane powered soldering iron FTW!

Installed (new clips not on yet in this pic):

THE INJECTORS I GOT FROM TEARSTONE WERE RC ENGINEERING.... BUT YES YOU NEED THE CLIPS.... THE INJECTOR BRAND MAY BE DIFFERENT ON THE V6 THAN THE I4 THO....

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant03-4g64t)</div><div class='quotemain'>THE INJECTORS I GOT FROM TEARSTONE WERE RC ENGINEERING.... BUT YES YOU NEED THE CLIPS.... THE INJECTOR BRAND MAY BE DIFFERENT ON THE V6 THAN THE I4 THO....</div>

Yeah you ordered a different set than we normally carry. The injector kit is for the V6 and they are bosch injectors machined down to fit the fuel rail properly. The kit comes with clips, hardware and spacers.

so the 400 buck ones are plug and play?? no problem?? what happend to the 100 buck ones :oops:

i have to heavily think about this.... so i dont have to worry about the clips or nething from the dealership? you supply em right?
    Diego