The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Loss Prevention

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    reason being... on monday, someone tried to STEAL my car with a TOW truck. The pager went off in my pocket and running, I went. Everyone I was with ran with me - and low and behold, a tow truck is pulling my car away and coming in our direction. We all run into the street - and guess what?! he swervs away trying to flee - i don't know what was the cause but - the car fell off the hitch - he prob pressed the button or all that frigging swerving and cutting lanes caused the car to fall off the hitch while the truck was in motion. But the car fell off in any event and popped the gears cuz it went ROLLING down the street.... so we had to struggle to push it to a stop - The tow truck had NOOO writing on it, NOOO license plate....nada. Car fell, and he cut the corner and sped off....WTF!!!! trust me, i wasn't parked illegally, my car is paid for, and there is no reason for ANYONE to have to tow my car LEGALLY. But hey, if someone wants to steal it, thats prob the only way, cuz i have every other form of security on it...u think of it, i got it... so what now...lol - imma just slam it to the floor so the hitch can never make it under? get a boot? and hire a watch dog to sit outside the car and bark at every and anyone who even thinks about it

Experienced TGC Member
    damn.... so since ur gears pop.. I assume the tranny is gone... what other damage??? the lip??? do you have lowjack?? gps trackin in ur whip

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpicyGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>reason being... on monday, someone tried to STEAL my car with a TOW truck. The pager went off in my pocket and running, I went. Everyone I was with ran with me - and low and behold, a tow truck is pulling my car away and coming in our direction. We all run into the street - and guess what?! he swervs away trying to flee - i don't know what was the cause but - the car fell off the hitch - he prob pressed the button or all that frigging swerving and cutting lanes caused the car to fall off the hitch while the truck was in motion. But the car fell off in any event and popped the gears cuz it went ROLLING down the street.... so we had to struggle to push it to a stop - The tow truck had NOOO writing on it, NOOO license plate....nada. Car fell, and he cut the corner and sped off....WTF!!!! trust me, i wasn't parked illegally, my car is paid for, and there is no reason for ANYONE to have to tow my car LEGALLY. But hey, if someone wants to steal it, thats prob the only way, cuz i have every other form of security on it...u think of it, i got it... so what now...lol - imma just slam it to the floor so the hitch can never make it under? get a boot? and hire a watch dog to sit outside the car and bark at every and anyone who even thinks about it Â*</div>Damn that suck Spicy. Where did this happen?

wow this sucks, now i have to start watching my car every 10sec instead of 30. BTW I have a spare auto tranny laying around real cheap and in good working condition.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Your best bet would be putting it in a building somewhere. Especially if they get caught. Its one thing to steal a car off the street, it is another to break into a building and steal a car.

If youre really worried about it, put it in a storage unit, until they loose interest in it. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get your own shit outta there sometimes, let alone someone elses.

Wow, :shock: if they were going through all of that they meant BUSINESS! I hope your tranny is still okay, If the truck "dropped" it you might also want to check your struts. It's a good chance that those bad boys could be leaking now.

The beeper gentlemen and ladies. You've got to love the beeper. Works every time.

This time it save your G.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Damn thats shitty atleast they didnt get it
    you need to find the guys and

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SLS2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>The beeper gentlemen and ladies. You've got to love the beeper. Works every time. Â*

This time it save your G.</div>

I went out to dinner at a nice resturant and parked at KFC and KFC towed my car the pager went off I ran to the front door and the alarm was blarin as it rolled down the street

7G_Beater
    Lojack that B.... then get the cops to nail their ass to the wall when they do it again.

this happened on foster avenue and ralph ave ...near the canarsie area in brooklyn... the lip wasn't there - so i think that gave them an advantage..im undergoing some reconstruction so i took it off.. yea the tranny is gone but im hearing its a simple fix... fine, but now im considering 5spd swap... i dunno - goosey pm me with a price, i might be interested though. Yea.. it sux... my whip is garage kept, so i have no worries..but to know that i was casually proceeding with my day and that happened.... im a lil shaken lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, :shock: Â*if they were going through all of that they meant BUSINESS! Â*I hope your tranny is still okay, If the truck "dropped" it you might also want to check your struts. It's a good chance that those bad boys could be leaking now.</div>

i was changing those anyway -but good looking out .

man o man, seems like galants are prime meat now days. always have been but now its gettin crazy. only a month ago mine was stripped sitting on rotors. honestly i think they towed the car and brung it back becuz i have no idea how they got the rims off w/ wheel locks and not destroy the rims. but hey when theres a will there is a way. and i had a security system, they deaded that shit in minutes i think. nyc is gettin crazy. It is and was the last time i ever park my shit on the streets of nyc. Upstate, your car is good, the worse thing that can happen is someone slammin their door into you car and denting it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueStreak8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>man o man, seems like galants are prime meat now days. always have been but now its gettin crazy. only a month ago mine was stripped sitting on rotors. honestly i think they towed the car and brung it back becuz i have no idea how they got the rims off w/ wheel locks and not destroy the rims. but hey when theres a will there is a way. and i had a security system, they deaded that shit in minutes i think. nyc is gettin crazy. It is and was the last time i ever park my shit on the streets of nyc. Upstate, your car is good, the worse thing that can happen is someone slammin their door into you car and denting it.</div>

VERY true... so im looking 2 buy a beater to drive daily - something i considered before but WILL do now lol... cuz I'm paranoid parking on the streets lol- but its aight - i live in bklyn - so imma deal with bklyn

Aye spicey, like someone mentioned if they want your pride and joy...they will get it. go jacks..turning your wheels..nada.. hell even using air bags just mean the hook from a flat bed is connected to a toe arm and that SOB is pulled up..

When I was living on campus I carried two HD tow chains...each was about 20' long, used both to chain the galnat to a light pole...we had the ones with the big azz cement bases. It was alittle extreme but it didnt give any question that my car was going anywhere... Then again I've personally gotten past chains before... so well I was lucky I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Aye spicey, like someone mentioned if they want your pride and joy...they will get it. go jacks..turning your wheels..nada.. hell even using air bags just mean the hook from a flat bed is connected to a toe arm and that SOB is pulled up..

When I was living on campus I carried two HD tow chains...each was about 20' long, used both to chain the galnat to a light pole...we had the ones with the big azz cement bases. It was alittle extreme but it didnt give any question that my car was going anywhere... Then again I've personally gotten past chains before... so well I was lucky I guess

FUNNY cuz i considered chains! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12