The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU Reflash?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

ECU Reflash?

I just remembered I have an extra ecu. I plan to go turbo soon I was wondering if I should have the ecu reflashed? If so where can I get it done

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

flashing a computer is only done on new model cars.. our computers are more basic and unless its bad nothing needs to be done..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Some 94-96 ECUs came with the EPROM chip. So technically you could have TMO or DSMchips burn you a new EPROM chip just like the 1g and 2g guys. Just depends in they would want to decypher the 7g ECU code or not.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I never knew 7g ecu's came with an eprom chip. I might have to check it out. If that's the case i might not need to the whole wireing harness and ecu swap thing. Where's our ecu located on our cars?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'> Where's our ecu located on our cars?</div>
    behind the stereo deck under the dash. take off a couple panels and its right in front of you

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah, just take off the passenger panel and you will kind of be able to see it. Theres going to be a bar you need to remove, has 1 or 2 10/12mm bolts and hte ECU is bolted to the center console with 2 10/12mm bolts as well. Not all 94-96 ECUs are EPROM, but Johns 95 parts car had one, some may some may not be. I checked one in the yard and it wasnt, the 94 GS ECU I have now isne EPROM either.
    7g for life!

yeah i think only the 95's were eprom just liek with the 2g eclipses.

you can get jeff o at dsmchips.com to make you a custom eprom with more aggressive timien, better fuel maps, and sizing for larger injectors if you want.

plus other very cool things like 2 step launch control, a/c cutout,
    there is even something he can do that makes it so the ecu resets itself entirely every time you turn off the car. so you will start with a fresh 'best case scenario' fuel and timing map every time you start the car.

the downside for you guys and the 4g63t swap is that the 95 eprom is set up for a distributor, it also doesn't incorporate knock dpendant timing advance/retard.

so you are still going to want the 2g ecu.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

jojo85
    how much difference would that make on a stock setup for a 95? Is it worth it?