The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help to remove the cabin filter (PICTURES ADDED)

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Need help to remove the cabin filter (PICTURES ADDED)

It's written in tutorial that I need to remove 3 screws in order to remove the cabin filter but I can't find them, please let me know where the screws are located and how they look like?
    Thanks,

what year is your car?? midyear in 01 the cabin filters were deleted.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>what year is your car?? midyear in 01 the cabin filters were deleted.</div>
    I have 01, but I'm sure I have it because the dealer changed it last year, and I also saw it after I remove the glove box, but I just saw 1 gold screw

Experienced TGC Member
    and after u remove that gold screw, ur cabin filter is removed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'>and after u remove that gold screw, ur cabin filter is removed</div>
    No I haven't remove the gold screw yet, because I'm not sure if its a right one or not?

Experienced TGC Member
    that's it after u remove that screw, take the plastic piece off and ......... boom there is the cabin filter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'>that's it after u remove that screw, take the plastic piece off and ......... boom there is the cabin filter</div>
    No it didn't come out, I'm going to some pics of it!

Experienced TGC Member
    lol dude trust me, I've taking it out myself.. u have to pull on it a lil... ur not gonna break anything

the once screw i don't see. not sure about the other one since its not in the picture.

quick question while u guys are talking about this.. would it be the same for a 99.. ( too lazy to search)
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mapid145)</div><div class='quotemain'>quick question while u guys are talking about this.. would it be the same for a 99.. ( too lazy to search)</div>
    99-01(mid 01) should be the same.

here we go found the picture i was looking for. its not 3 screws. its 2. and so far with your pic you're missing a screw

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>here we go found the picture i was looking for. its not 3 screws. its 2. and so far with your pic you're missing a screw

</div>
    Thanks for pics, but for me there is no screws in that two places, and I know that my g is 01 and made in around mid 00.

if there aren't any screws there then the tray should just slide out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if there aren't any screws there then the tray should just slide out.</div>
    Mine is not same as you, mine doesn't have any screws, and tray is attached to that plastic around it, I pulled it hard but it didn't move at all, also the outer side of the tray is plain not like yours. I think mine doesn't have a cabin filter but if I can see a picture of the behind of the glovebox of 02-03 would be very helpful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rez887)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if there aren't any screws there then the tray should just slide out.</div>
    Mine is not same as you, mine doesn't have any screws, and tray is attached to that plastic around it, I pulled it hard but it didn't move at all, also the outer side of the tray is plain not like yours. I think mine doesn't have a cabin filter but if I can see a picture of the behind of the glovebox of 02-03 would be very helpful.</div>
    your picture shows you do not have the cabin filter. you instead have the unremoved plastic "blank" that is left in during fabrication, and would need to be cut out if you wish to install a filter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    does the 9th gen has them too?