The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dropped G problem HELP

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Dropped G problem HELP

ok, check this out...most of you know that I had my springs and struts replaced last week. Well I finally get up to the shop to get it aligned. Well after standing around waiting for about 30 min. the guy comes from the back to get me and says he can't align the car properly for the fact that if he does, tires will rub the rear fender. I'm only running a 215/45 on 17's on a 2" drop in the front and 1.7" in the rear w/ Megan Racing springs and KYB struts. Everyone I talked to said there should not be a rubbing problem. So I'm just wondering, am I missing something in the lowering set-up to make this work properly? He also noted that if I do get the camber kit, it would not give me enough clearance. HELP!!

damn i hope i don't get into some bs like that when i bring mine in im on 225/45/18 on megan as well kyb are gunna get put in soon as i have the time then get it aligned, i don't rub and im still on stock shocks N sturts i don't see why it would after an alignement? but i would like to know the same thing he's askin....
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It all depends on your offset man. If you have the proper offset on a set of 17s with those tires, it shouldnt rub. But with an incorrect offset thats much greater then stock, you may rub. Also, depending on the drop, may need a rear camber kit.

Also, if you have a lot of junk in the trunk, the drop the in the rear will be greater then the 1.7" drop that the Megan springs give you.

Reason he may rub after the alignment is they will fix the alignment and probably fix the negative cmber issues he may have. Which would straighten out the hweel and if the offset is too big, probably will rub the fender.
    7g for life!

I'm almost willing to bet it's the offset...anybody know where to find the offset for stock G rims and stock 4G eclipse rims?

TGC Regular
    i'm running 215/45/17 on 17x7 45offset. the rear is dropped so theres ZERO finger gap. my rear wheels have a bit of camber. if you do decide to correct the rear wheels back to zero degrees it will touch the lip of the fender. the only thing you can do is roll the rear fenders. if your offset is lower than mine (wheels sticking out too much) theres nothing you can do except raise the car a bit or get higher offset wheels.
    Your signature is too long.

rolling
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm running 215/45/17 on 17x7 45offset. the rear is dropped so theres ZERO finger gap. Â*my rear wheels have a bit of camber. if you do decide to correct the rear wheels back to zero degrees it will touch the lip of the fender. the only thing you can do is roll the rear fenders. if your offset is lower than mine (wheels sticking out too much) theres nothing you can do except raise the car a bit or get higher offset wheels.</div>
    just like what he said but i'm on 225/40/r18 if i went to zero i will have to roll the fender for sure

I think I would roll the fenders and save myself some money in tires; just my opinion. 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think I would roll the fenders and save myself some money in tires; just my opinion. 8)</div>

Problem is no one around here has ever done anything like that. And I don't wanna take a chance and f*ck anything up. If someone local knew how to do a fender roll, I would let them do it.

Should have come to the meet,man. Could ve been a nice project! 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should have come to the meet,man. Could ve been a nice project! Â*8)</div>

I would have if my baby wasn't due so close to the date of the meet. I'll make the next one...

Oh, didnt know man. Did he/she arrive yet? If so...Congratulations!!!! 8)

stock G offset is 46mm... you should get as close to that as possible... as for the eclipse... i would go on their forum and ask...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh, didnt know man. Did he/she arrive yet? If so...Congratulations!!!! Â*8)</div>

Where have you been? He's been here for over a week now.
    I really wanted to go. But like I said, I'll make the next one. I need a reason to go to the beach.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI ORIGINAL FACTORY ALLOY WHEELS 06: HIGH QUALITY CHROME..TRIPLE PLATED.. A SET OF 4 CHROME WHEELS COME WITH CHROME CENTERCAPS

SIZE: 17"X7.5", 5 LUGS ON 115mm WITH 46MM OFFSET.</div>

I got this off of an eBay auction. According to this, the offset is the same as the Galants...either the info is wrong, or I'm missing something...

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GalantMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI ORIGINAL FACTORY ALLOY WHEELS 06: HIGH QUALITY CHROME..TRIPLE PLATED.. A SET OF 4 CHROME WHEELS COME WITH CHROME CENTERCAPS

I got this off of an eBay auction. According to this, the offset is the same as the Galants...either the info is wrong, or I'm missing something...</div>

its because the wheels are 7.5" wide. stock wheels are only 6" wide. even though offset is correct you still have that extra 1.5" that throws everything off.
    Your signature is too long.

hey

im dropped maybe 2.5 on 20 inch wheels with offset of 8.5 and i have no rubbing issue

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GalantMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI ORIGINAL FACTORY ALLOY WHEELS 06: HIGH QUALITY CHROME..TRIPLE PLATED.. A SET OF 4 CHROME WHEELS COME WITH CHROME CENTERCAPS

I got this off of an eBay auction. According to this, the offset is the same as the Galants...either the info is wrong, or I'm missing something...</div>

its because the wheels are 7.5" wide. stock wheels are only 6" wide. even though offset is correct you still have that extra 1.5" that throws everything off.</div>

Guess I either have to do a fender roll or sell the rims...and I dont wanna sell my rims. One of the guys I talked to that did the spring install said that the tires should be ok. He doesn't seem to think that it will eat my tires anymore.

Dude,roll your fenders. I think there is a tutorial on here somewhere,right admins?

couldn't they adjust the camber on the wheels just enough so they barely don't rub on the fender?? i mean a lil negative camber is good, handling wise.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

mine has about a mm clearance and my camber is adjusted just enough that the tire wear is minimal... i did the self adjusting too... there's a tut on here for that too... but yeah, 19s tuck just fine being 8" wide...