The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my NEXT project! (need more advice)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'>heres an update on the tails... takin em apart is gunna make painting a lot easier 8) Â*

and i had a question for you guyz.....

<span style='color:red'>should i sand the design down so its flat or just leave it and paint it with the design</span> if ya don't know what im talkin about here it is:

</div>

nah keep the ridges and are you night shadeing the lenses?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

yup just like in the pix... 8)
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

i'd fill the ridges in with some filler and then sand everything down smooth.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd fill the ridges in with some filler and then sand everything down smooth.</div> any specific type of filler? i was thinking the same thing because once all the layers of paint gets on there it wont show as much making it look like something went wrong... but what kind of filler should i use?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd fill the ridges in with some filler and then sand everything down smooth.</div> any specific type of filler? i was thinking the same thing because once all the layers of paint gets on there it wont show as much making it look like something went wrong... but what kind of filler should i use?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd fill the ridges in with some filler and then sand everything down smooth.</div> any specific type of filler? i was thinking the same thing because once all the layers of paint gets on there it wont show as much making it look like something went wrong... but what kind of filler should i use?</div>

</div> thanks!!!!

Yea i say smooth it out, itll look cleaner!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Nice! Sorry about being such a noob and all this but night shade means?? The lens looks black in the day and night but when the lights are turned on, they are still visible as red lights?

Btw whats the brand or model of your exhaust, with the nice evo looking round tip. Im thinking of getting one myself.

I think they look good i did the same thing but in the pearl white color to my car about 2 years and i think it looks tight.

niteshade is transparent paint that will let pass through at night and a lil bit during the day...

hey thareelcauz06 do you still have em do you have any pix?[/b]

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I say that you do it

i just finish filling in the design on the housing and damn does that body filler stuff dry quick! just need to vacuum my room now hahahhah just waiting for the nite shade to come in, i ordered it 3 days ago and should of been here already since the shop is in LA.... :?

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    niteshade is transparent paint that will let pass through at night and a lil bit during the day...

Ok. Thx. So the effects of nightshade is at night, the red lamps can be seen, but in the day, the light is black in colour? Am i right?

Anyone can point me out the model/brand of the exhaust the thread starter is on? Looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrofillica
    Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I

Ok. Thx. So the effects of nightshade is at night, the red lamps can be seen, but in the day, the light is black in colour? Am i right?

Anyone can point me out the model/brand of the exhaust the thread starter is on? Looks really good.
    eh, its just a rice rocketin universal muffler i pick up at pep boys for 50 bucks it has a nice low tone to it nothing all crazy like the hi pitch civics you hear running around....

im getting lil craters from the body filler i tried sanding it down but i can still feel the lil holes shuld i just fill that with body fill and sand that or will the layers of paint fill it in....

this is the chrome housing for the lenses:

since it looks plain i was thinking of painting the lil squares and go for something like this:

so what do you guyz think leave it plain or go for the black squares? and if you dont know already the lense are gunna be black!

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    would it matter if you painted the squares or not?? i mean...are you gonna see those through the lens???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is the chrome housing for the lenses:

since it looks plain i was thinking of painting the lil squares and go for something like this:

so what do you guyz think leave it plain or go for the black squares? and if you dont know already the lense are gunna be black!</div>

I say do the squares .. my dad is doing l.e.d brake lights in the squares

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o1naturalhigh)</div><div class='quotemain'>would it matter if you painted the squares or not?? i mean...are you gonna see those through the lens???</div> of course you still gunna see it the cover is clear!!! i think your talkin about my smoked OEM tails... but hey mattalicslvr8g02 i like what your dad is doing wht the brake light thing sounds complicated....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123